AWA hiring/poolies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bobby Orr 4 said:
AA717...I think I hit a nerve with you and for that I do apologize. I will be the first to admit that I do not know the first thing about any merger talks, the firing of pilots with this merger. Pathetic...well I do disagree with you there. It is obvious from the tone of your response I am ignorant with this issue so I do apologize (wait a minute I already said that).
Thank you for your concern, but I am 'making it' in the business so far. If you care to enlighten me why my post is wrong, I would be more than happy to read it.
Thanks and have a good day.

PS only 51 more days until hockey returns!!

AA717, whats's worse in this world, having a sarcastic sense of humor or people that don't understand sarcasm? The mental anguish guys like us suffer from on a daily basis because of this conundrum. Oh the angony, the horror.

abefly said:
they will not be taking the poolies. only furloughed us air

I just hope they join our little dysfunctional family with the same great attitude and enthusiasm our recent street hires (the kind of fine folks who wanted to work for Cactus, filled out apps, secured "golden referrals", waited the good wait for interviews, etc.) have brought.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Bobby Orr 4 said:
Although any and all chances for employment at Cactus are finished for me, I must admit giving all 'new-hire' positions to furloughed UsAir pilots is the right thing to do. Hopefully the 2 MECs can use this as a positive building block for all future merger talks.
Good luck to all at the 2 pilot groups.

Why are your chances finished? Are you a poolie or just not going to wait until they hire off the street guys?

Captain Overs said:
Why are your chances finished? Are you a poolie or just not going to wait until they hire off the street guys?

From their MEC hotline message it seems like the new AWA would have to have several hundred to a couple of thousand new hire positions open up before they hire off the street. I am not in their pool...just a guy who had his golden referal in the time they suspended hiring hoping to have an interview.

As for the AWA poolies, I have heard that they are going to keep everyone in the pool until they are needed. That could be several years down the road I am sure. Anyone esle heard the same?

I am now glad that the USAir furloughees are being offered jobs- initially I did not want that to happen since I am in the pool and wanted to work at AWA very badly. I think it is only fair to offer them jobs first.

Now- I wonder out of the 2,000 or so pilots on furlough from UsAir- how many of them are going to come back to work when they get the call? I am sure alot of them are already Catains at Jet Blue, Airtran and other various airlines. I am sure others have started careers in other non-aviation related fields and never plan to come back to flying.

Anyone care to guess on this?

Ok. Just so EVERYONE (not just the more perceptive among us) knows, when I put a ;) at the end of a paragraph or post, it means I'm kidding or being facetious.

When I put a :rolleyes: after a paragraph or post, it means I think something is bull$h!t.

When I put a :D after a paragraph or post, it means I think something is pretty funny.

That's your guide to posts by AA717driver. Thank you for your attention. ;) TC

Latest resources

Back