AWA hiring/poolies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cesmaf

Anyone hear if AWA is going to hire anymore off the street? Or if they plan on taking U furloughees to fill spots? Are there any guys in a pool now?

According the the AWA MEC hotline, they are not going to be hiring any poolies for the forseeable future, only USAir furloughees.

This is true. The details are still being negotiated but it is the position of both MEC's and the new US Airways management that there will be no "new-hires." All positions will be filled from the furloughed list.

For all those J4J pilots that said they were still considered 'employed' by mainline for integration purposes - you hired 7/18/88 or later.......

YOU BE CONSIDERED FURLOUGHED - GO TO DA BACK OF DA BUS !!!!

Depending on the source we plan to hire (recall) between 50 and 80 pilots beginning late this year or early '06. Of course plans could change and the seniority issue has yet to be determined.

Person with the handle "Doug Parker": you are not a nice person. Nobody wrote anything for you to respond to.

The union point of view and management is to hire furloughees from USAir.

Of course there is one important issue management has not agreed to yet and that is pay. The union wants to give credit for pay purposes for time at USAir to the furloughees. Management has not signed up for this yet.

In regards to seniority, the AWA union point of view in at the bottom of the list. One because they are not currently on property. Two if they start putting furloughees about current gives this creates alot of training events and downgrades through the system, thus management would not sign on to that. To much money.

So stay tune, things can change. Plus remains to be scene how many furloughed USAir guys will really want to come back.

iflyhigh

it's the right thing to do...

Although any and all chances for employment at Cactus are finished for me, I must admit giving all 'new-hire' positions to furloughed UsAir pilots is the right thing to do. Hopefully the 2 MECs can use this as a positive building block for all future merger talks.
Good luck to all at the 2 pilot groups.

Bobby Orr 4 said:
Although any and all chances for employment at Cactus are finished for me, I must admit giving all 'new-hire' positions to furloughed UsAir pilots is the right thing to do. Hopefully the 2 MECs can use this as a positive building block for all future merger talks.
Good luck to all at the 2 pilot groups.

Bobby--You're pathetic! How can you ever expect to make it as an airline pilot if you can't even find a way to rationalize $h!tcanning furloughed guys at a airline that is getting merged?!

"...the right thing to do." That has NO place in airline mergers. You're pathetic. (Oh, I already said that, sorry.) I've now lost all hope in the future of the airline business. ;) TC

P.S.--Sorry you lost out on AW. I've got a friend in the same position. It sucks.

AA717...I think I hit a nerve with you and for that I do apologize. I will be the first to admit that I do not know the first thing about any merger talks, the firing of pilots with this merger. Pathetic...well I do disagree with you there. It is obvious from the tone of your response I am ignorant with this issue so I do apologize (wait a minute I already said that).
Thank you for your concern, but I am 'making it' in the business so far. If you care to enlighten me why my post is wrong, I would be more than happy to read it.
Thanks and have a good day.

PS only 51 more days until hockey returns!!

Latest resources

Back