Avolar timeline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

yipstick

Does anyone know the time frame for receiving a response from Avolar once they receive your resume (assuming you're qualified)?

Avolar Response

I sent my first resume to Avolar (the just BizJet) and received an email response with the following address to mail or fax a resume:

United Biz Jet Holdings, Inc
85 W. Algonquin Road
Arlington Hgts, IL 60005
phone: 847 545-3139
fax: 847 545-3101

Since then I have updated monthly on the Avolar website and just received an "auto-response" saying HR has received it and it will be kept on file. This response comes immediately to the email address you left when filling out the form.

Waiting to hear. Good luck to all.

Regards,

2000Flyer

speed

I do not believe there is any big hurry on their part........ There is no massive amount of flying, if any, going on at the moment and no amount of aircraft deliveries till much later.

Yipstick,

I sent in my first resume June 22, 2001. The original info on ual.com website let you send it as an attachment, rather than cut and paste. Got a direct reply, not an auto-response. Since then I've updated about every 45 days.

Read in Aviation Week today that they're gearing up for an April start, but from what I've been seeing I don't know what aircraft that will be on. Like "publisher" said, aircraft deliveries don't start for a bit yet.

I'm really hoping to hear something. I'd like to have an idea of what kind of schedule they'll have, commute policy, pay, benefits...etc (just like everyone would). Though reading Gumby's posts, it sounds like its going to be a great place to hang your hat!

Good luck!

Regards,

2000Flyer

Hey 2000flyer,

I thought I read in another thread that you had accepted an offer from EJA. Whats up brother??

gump

Gump, very true, I do have an offer with EJA. Nice to have as many options as possible though, right? I certainly can't find any fault in it.

It reminds me back to a friend a few years ago that left the USAF with offers in hand from AAL, UAL, DAL, NWA. Its nice, trust me.

No disrespect meant to EJA at all. If I didn't want to be there, I wouldn't have wasted their time with an interview.

Respectfully,

2000Flyer

Right now, Avolar is flying 2 DA-50 EX A/C on trips. They are basing them out of North American Jet at PWK. As far as I know, they are not wholly owned by Avolar, but sort of a sublease deal I believe. I also have heard that they have crews out at FSI in TEB going to classes.

Latest resources

Back