AVOLAR Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rufus,

You spund like the kinda guy that has had an uphill battle most of your career. Maybe that is why you are so bitter, and more than likely had been rejected by UAL and other majors. Just a hunch based on you unprofessional posts!

Avolar Pay

I don't work for Avolar, but I've head that Capt. Pay is $9,000.00 mo and FO pay is $6,000.00 mo. The schedule will be a Pref. Bid Sys. Please corect me if I'm wrong

To Rufus:
While I personally agree with some of your statements, I will not call United a "crap hole". They are an airline forced, through their own misgivings, to hire PC pilots regardless of their qualifications. They had to institute a "train to standards" policy to cover their inept pilots.

I have flown for over ten years at an ANG unit and shared my apartment with an United Instructor based in DEN. The truth about the quality of some of the pilots and new hires is disturbing!

Many of the United pilots are great people! There are several, more than a few, who have no business flying paying passengers. I could site several pilots found incompetant by the military, but I might have to defend my allegations in court! The union and company know of several pilots found mentally incompetant, yet they continue to fly their assigned lines!

I personally hope Avolar takes off and continues to expand this Fractional business. It would benefit everyone in the business by providing another pay standard to help our negotiations.

To "Boz"
You should be careful what you say! You have flown a F-18, DC-10, 757, 767, 777. You must be a senior pilot. Oh my mistake, you only list 6500+ hours. Rufus has 7000 hours and also has an ATP. He has flown both a GV and a Falcon 2000. He lists both military and civilian experience. You have 41 posts compared with his 3. I guess the more you bitch the more you matter! If you did one tour in jets before getting out of the Navy, or Marines, don't count out your civilian counterpart. If you spent a career in the service, your own professionalism is questioned!

This is a forum for posts and concerns and questions about aviation. Yes, I fly for EJA! Yes, my passengers do say they will stay away from an airline backed fractional operation. I, however, do understand that the bottom line is service and value. I hope Avolar does great! We are in negotiations for our next contract. If you pay $115,000 to your starting DA-50 Captains, Thank you! We will gladly top that number and set a higher standard! Look at your mainline bethren; Delta pointed at UAL's contract and set a higher standard.

Besides, I think you will go under and wouldn't dare leave EJA for a desperate gamble as Avolar. If Congress looks at UAL's abuse of the multi-million dollar buyout, post 9/11; they will come down hard on Avolar and leave your future cloudy at best. Do you really think a smart business investor would buy Enron one month ago? Or buy the Whitewater land during the Clinton administration?

They look at Avolar as a day late and a dollar short!

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi Slim,

Thanks for the run down on the planes I have flown and giving me some dual on rufus' credentials. I am still trying to figure out what your point with that was! Maybe it is to inform me of what I have accomplished along with rufus. I guess if you have read my 41 posts then I am keeping my fellow pilots informed. I do believe that is the objective of this forum. To help our fellow aviators get to the airline or corporate of there choice.

As far as EJA getting a pay raise, you are correct let someone like Avolar set a higher standard, and fight to get the work rules, pay and benefits that all pilots deserve. Hopefully you can copy a play out of there playbook. Just like Delta had done with United Airlines setting the latest pay standard for several narrow and wide body aircraft. This is simply a leap frog process that all carriers and company's use in trying to attain the best contract for there pilots. But I guess you already knew that!

I am not going to discuss with you my 11 years in the military and 6 years as a civilian pilot on the forum, I am guessing most of readers of this forum could care less.

But your statements did make me grin and even crack a chuckle with.

"I have flown for over ten years at an ANG unit and shared my apartment with an United Instructor based in DEN. The truth about the quality of some of the pilots and new hires is disturbing! Many of the United pilots are great people! There are several, more than a few, who have no business flying paying passengers. "

As far as your PI buddy saying that about UAL pilots, I guess we should stop the presses and just go by whatever your buddy says. Come on man, what if everybody posted what there grandma's best friend, who knows this girl, who's boyfriend's teacher knows this mechanic that is married to a united flight attendant and she overheard that..........

Do you get the point! It is all rumor and hersay that anyone could make up. I am not saying we have in anyway 100% of the best pilots on the planet, but seriously do you not thing that every company has had a few slip through the cracks and are brought up to one standard.

Try posting some facts that we can gain insight from. I really like the one of " There are several, more than a few, who have no business flying paying passengers. " That is all fact huh! What exactly is several, or more than a few out of 10,000 pilots. I guess it makes for a good laugh. Why not give us some specifics or a number. but in all fairness, you are entiltled to your humble opinion.

Well, I am not going to get into a debate over this on the forum, but I will continue to post facts that can help our fellow pilots gain the information they are requesting.

interview

My phone interview on 1/22 was a very laid back phone interview that lasted 45 mins. It was a lot of on a scale of 1-10 rate yourself,then explain why. I would very much like to see a pay-scale. I am know working for RTA as a beechjet Capt.

Latest resources

Back