AVOLAR Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Avolar

Actually I just heard the other day, that there is no shortage Investment houses that are interested, and UAL has the final say on the choice. So, who is right?

Latest info coming from UAL management at a recent union meeting is that UAL committed $70 million and that was almost a year ago, pre 9-11. They are noth going to contribute another dime as they concentrate on trying to overhaul the company and its senior management. As far as the investors, they have talked with serious parties and things look promising in terms of its success. UAL will simply remain a minority investor when its all said and done.

Boz

I heard that Creighton did say that if a letter of intent from an outside investor wasn't in place in 4-6 weeks, that they would pull the plug on Avolar. At this stage of the game I don't think this would help anybody, personally. I wish we had something more definitive from Avolar about hiring those of us from UAL on the street, but other than that I think it's good idea. Keeping UAL's management out of the scene with this new investment scenario, probably gives them a better chance for sucess than we have/had at UAL. On another, but possibly related note, a friend told me he heard a rumour that DAL was looking into starting another regional using DAL furloughees. Talk about the ultimate whipsaw! Anyway, if Avolar goes away, what happens to the certificate and could it be used by UAL to do the same thing potentially with the Air Wis RJ orders? Farfetched? Probably, but I'm betting that in 5 years when we're reading about this in books, some of these farfetched rumours will end up as truths. Anyway, food for thought, ready, aim, fire away!;)

Give me a break. You all want to work for this crap hole cause united is behind it. United is almost out of money cause it can not please a normal pax, but a private jet it can do. All my pax when I ask about this united thing laugh and say "I am out of the airline stuff for a reason" meaning no avolor shares bought by real investors. EJA only haves real ones sold out till the year 2004. Pilots bank your money on eja and who cares about the soon to be out of buisness avolor. Pays great for a coulple of months.

Hey, Rufus,

It would appear by your post that you are employed by Avolar because you referenced it as "this" crap hole, implying you were there. Otherwise, you should have said,"that" crap hole. If you do work there, how the Hell did you get the job???? Your interpersonal, grammatical and interview skills are surely "crappy." Also, if you do work there, haven't you ever heard of employee loyalty? If your're unhappy there, go home. If you don't work there, then how do you know it's a crap hole? If you work for EJA, how the Hell did you get that Job? I heard there is a pre-employment test and I'm sure there is no such word as "haves."

Last edited:
Hey give rufus a break!

I think what he is saying is "you are taking one big risk getting a job with avolar".

Now it could go two ways. Avolar becomes a huge success and those pilots that have low seniority numbers are loving life...or Avolar can not find any more investors and the pilots have just wasted a lot of time.

Life is but a big crap shoot.

Regarding Rufus's grammer and spelling I have heard that writing after 6 or so sam adam's does that.

Bebop

O.K., If it was the Sam Adams doing the talking, then, no harm, no foul. I can understand the propensity for his consumption in these goofy times.

P.S. Grammer is grammar. Sorry, couldn't help myself :D

Rufus,

It's apparent to me that you do not have all of your facts straight. So let me try to help out.

Since this is not the appropriate board, I will not address your inaccurate comments directed at United. I will say that there are certain aspects of there 75 year herritage that will be great assets where Avolar is concerned. Training and standardization for example.

In order to help you with your research, and in responce to your comment that Avolar cannot opporate a Coporate jet, let me point a few things out. First and most importantly they are dirrecting an incredible amount of energy where customer service is concerned, and exceeding expectations where attention to detail is concerned. Secondly, a large part of their operations personal came from the ranks of other Fractionals and very large corporate flight departments. If there is any doubt, not a person working at Avolar dosn't understand the difference between airline and fractional.

Having previous fractional experience it appears to me Avolar will be very sucussfull in their venture. Rufus, Hang tight to your passengers and keep them laughing. Because sooner or later Avolar will be noticed.

Latest resources

Back