• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aviation week LCC article southwest spirit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Beetle007 = ASS, I was unemployed because of people like you, thankfully I found another job and will not be returning to Spirit with this recall, what a waste of their money on my A-320 type, thanks Spirit!

Beetle007 = ASS, I was unemployed because of people like you, thankfully I found another job and will not be returning to Spirit with this recall, what a waste of their money on my A-320 type, thanks Spirit!

How were you unemployed because of people like me? Did I somehow cause the airline to get rid of 7 airplanes?

Were you the same type of person who wanted to require airlines to have 3 pilots on the DC-9 and have a pilot sit in the jumpseat on all flights? This is the same mentality that expects the airline to staff the airline the same as it did when we had 7 more airplanes.

FYI...I haven't flown open time. I enjoy my time at home. But, I will not throw stones at people who pick up open time. Senior captains have been here much longer than me...and I have no right to control their career or prevent them from saving for retirement.

Last edited:

Sorry boom, Beetle is not an ASS. He's somewhat naive in that he is actually willing to attempt an intelligent debate of issues an internet bulletin board.

If you notice, Beetle has stated that he is NOT picking up OT. He isn't your problem. Your problem is that you work in an industry that is controlled by the RLA. If you don't like that, I suggest that you go on a crusade to get the law re-written so that we could have our cake and eat it too.

Let me explain, Airline pilots want all of the protections of a seniority based system, yet want none of the drawbacks of the system that provides said seniority.

How were you unemployed because of people like me? Did I somehow cause the airline to get rid of 7 airplanes?

Were you the same type of person who wanted to require airlines to have 3 pilots on the DC-9 and have a pilot sit in the jumpseat on all flights? This is the same mentality that expects the airline to staff the airline the same as it did when we had 7 more airplanes.

FYI...I haven't flown open time. I enjoy my time at home. But, I will not throw stones at people who pick up open time. Senior captains have been here much longer than me...and I have no right to control their career or prevent them from saving for retirement.

[

[/quote]

Are you people paying attention?

What I have really been trying to figure out is if refusing to pick up open time and junior assignments is a practical solution that "creates jobs" or a psychological solution that "destroys jobs." Or maybe it has neutral effect. I don't know the answer and I think it probably varies from airline to airline and on the circumstances.

If your goal is to increase the number of employees per airplane then you are on the losing side of this battle. The company, capitalism, and economics will all be working against you.

Do you expect the company to recall ALL furloughed pilots when we have 7 less airplanes?

More importantly, do you think that pilots and flight attendants refusing to pick up all Open Time and Junior Assignments will help or hurt the airlines attempt to expand and bring back ALL furloughed pilots?

7 Less airplanes? Are you sure about that?

There have been 7 aircraft missing from the flowsheets for the last month or so. Where these aircraft are is a great mystery. When this whole "shrink to profitability" program began, JC stated that 5 would be returned to the leasor and 2 would sit idle until market positions warranted their use.

Do we have 2 aircraft sitting in a dark corner somewhere in DTW or elsewhere? We can only hope. This company does not provide either up-to-date or accurate information very frequently.

Patiently awaiting ANY information,

gator

Latest resources

Back