• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aviation Personnel International

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not sure. I filled out the app section and got the packet in the mail a couple of weeks later. This was pre-Katrina. Gotta get working on the Bio.

They're main operation is in New Orleans, so that may be part of the delay.

Brett Hull

Do you think it may be because I only have 1500 hours? I mean it seems int he Part 91 industry that 2500 hours is almost required, due to the insurance thing... so they may be just ignoring me.

Sorry, but I have no clue. Is your flight time all military? If so, i'd think they'd contact you quickly.

The mess in NOLA may have them off their process a little. I have heard of several folks recently that didn't get much response from their on-line app until they either established contact via phone or had someone recommend them.

They seem to be focused higher than entry level, but I have no idea what their threshold is. They shouldn't be viewed as a quick turn operation - occasionally it happens that someone comes along just as they are working to fill a position, but their strength is in completing their process in a relaxed, comprehensive manner so they can hopefully match you to a position where you and the employer will both be happy.

MT

cosmoth, have you worked with her? From my experience, she showed me a pretty impressive list of fortune 500 customers back in 1982. Plus I interviewed with one of her clients, a Fortune 50 company that had a fleet like 9 airplanes.

Well, she's still in business after all these years. Fifty bucks per app shure hasn't been her only source of income. Plus, if she didn't do a good job, people would know--especially in this business.TC

cosmotheassman said:
I've never heard anyone getting a decent job from API. It's all smoke.

Is this all flame??????

She can only get you the interview, the rest is up to the applicant. I know of several people who were set up with some very choice interviews via API. Hint: Think big company with BBJ's for instance.

I went through the process last spring/summer and then got the kind of job I was looking for w/o API's help. Pure circumstances and timing. I'm kind of bummed that I never went all the way with API but I'm going to keep my file current just in case.

It's worth the effort in my opinion.

Edit: I don't recall paying any fee to API. My only out of pocket expense was a proctoring fee to a local college to administer the written exams (IQ, psych, etc...)

Last edited:
717, 50$ is chicken feed, it probably covers the cost of all the testing. She gets like 10%-15% of the pilot's first year wages as a fee from the company where she places the pilot.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back