• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aviation movies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I watched Pearl Harbor in Japan. I thought I'd be particularly happy to see it there, but the movie sucked. Three hour movie about Pearl Harbor and the attack doesn't happen until the third hour?

Okay.

Chunk

Typhoon1244 said:
I was pretty sure it was a '10. I don't remember seeing any winglets.

UPS has glass in their DC-8's...any FedEx guys out there who can shed light on this avionics question?

Probably an MD-10 (no, seriously): a DC-10 that's had an MD-11 cockpit transplant. I'm pretty sure at least some of FDX's 10s have undergone the upgrade.

alimaui - of COURSE you're the only one to mention those two! My gf dragged me to When a Man Loves a Woman with the line, "But Andy Garcia plays a commercial pilot in the movie! You'll love it!"

Uh huh. :p

Re: Re: Re: Pearl Harbor

EagleRJ said:
A minor correction- the Arizona WAS sunk in the opening minutes of the attack.
Not according to Gordon Prange's At Dawn We Slept, the most thoroughly researched book I've ever encountered. According to survivors and the logs of other ships, it was almost an hour into the raid when Arizona blew up. In fact, Oklahoma was already keel-up when Arizona bought it.

I don't know if it was mentioned, but how about the old tv show flying tigers or The black sheep sqd . BLk sheep had some decent air to air scenes.

Regardless of the possible timeline inaccuracies in Pearl Harbor, I thought the scenes of the 109's and Spitifires and then the P40s and the Zeros mixing it up were pretty good.

There was an HBO movie called 'Afterburn' that came out in the early 90's. A true account of the early wire chafing problems with the F-16 which killed several pilots. Not too cheesy a movie starring Laura Dern (Jurassic Park).

And don't forget An Officer and a Gentleman. Which gave us some memorable lines like...

"Be proud of 'dem wings boy! They're the only ones you're gonna leave here with! MAYO NAISE!"

and...
"CAUSE NAPALM STICKS TO KIDS!!"

and how could we forget the priceless classic...
"Don't you eyeball me boy! I'll rip your eyes out of their sockets and SkullF**K you to death!"

Rook
600' AGL
Autopilot on.
'WHEW!'

How about :

A Gathering of Eagles Rock Hudson
Bombers B-52 Karl Malden
The Bridges at Toko-Ri
Midway
Tora Tora Tora
Flying Leathernecks
Hellcats of the Navy
The Final Countdown Martin Sheen
There was another one about Mac McConnell in Korea but can't remember the name.

All I can think of at the moment

C'est La Vie

2 more

I don't remember seeing these in the thread.

How bout Air Force One? Has that little escape pod ever been confirmed to actually exist on the Prez's Jumbo? I remember when the movie came out that that was a big question.

And what I thought was a great scene, be it Hollywooded, was from Behind Enemy Lines when the F18 was trying to lose the stinger missile. I remember watching that scene with my jaw open and eyes bugging out. Reality aside, it was still intense.

Latest resources

Back