• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Aviation has changed what now????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sooooo hoooows it going tooooday sooooo yeaaaaah looooks liiiiike weeee are going to neeeed yooou to taaaake anouther paaay cut. Slip yeeah

Just burn it down and go to work for Penetrode. Crimson- hows FLL treating you? Talked to AC the other day and he said y'all might lay off soon.

Look at past airlines, Eastern, TWA, Braniff, who would have thought in there time that they would be gone, but they are. Could it happen to the big guys today??
There's not just a possibility that it could happen, but rather, a virtual certainty that it will happen. If you look at the history of the airlines post-WWII, you'll find very few that have maintained market dominance for more than about 10-15 years.

If I were a young man coming out of college and contemplating military service, I think I'd forego pilot training and opt for something either in Physics or Nuclear Engineering.

I realized, ever since I started working in aviation, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.
Wow, that's messed up.

I am sure I will get all kinds of differant answers depending on age, what you have experienced in your aviation career. With the down turn of the entire Industry, from airlines to charter, what now? Are any you guys getting out of aviation?? Are you trying to ride out the storm. I know it is cyclic, however here is where the age might come into play. How many cycles are you willing to ride. Look at past airlines, Eastern, TWA, Braniff, who would have thought in there time that they would be gone, but they are. Could it happen to the big guys today?? Just wondering what other pilots are thinking.

You can add Pan Am and a host of other national carriers that are no longer with us. I am certain there will be more airline failures down the road. I have finished one degree and have started working on my MBA. I have an interest in a couple of industries beside aviation, so if I never make myself happy again in avaition, it has been a good run.

Latest resources

Back