Aviation has changed what now????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyincheap

I am sure I will get all kinds of differant answers depending on age, what you have experienced in your aviation career. With the down turn of the entire Industry, from airlines to charter, what now? Are any you guys getting out of aviation?? Are you trying to ride out the storm. I know it is cyclic, however here is where the age might come into play. How many cycles are you willing to ride. Look at past airlines, Eastern, TWA, Braniff, who would have thought in there time that they would be gone, but they are. Could it happen to the big guys today?? Just wondering what other pilots are thinking.

Two words "Trailer Trash" and too much of it....

I am doing my best to ride this one out. As long as there is a small glimmer of hope i will always try to make my living as a pilot, or digging ditches i would enjoy that more than sitting in a cubical all day filling out TPS reports.

I am doing my best to ride this one out. As long as there is a small glimmer of hope i will always try to make my living as a pilot, or digging ditches i would enjoy that more than sitting in a cubical all day filling out TPS reports.

It's just that we're putting cover sheets on all the TPS now. Did you get the memo?

I have started my own biz, outside of aviation.

I dont think I will get rich in the flying biz if I keep getting recycled on some seniority list and all the "benifits" that come with being junior.

I have also been an A&P since high school, and have worked several years as one, and that doesnt seem to be such a reliable backup plan anymore either. And to ride out another cycle doesnt seem that appealing, after this cycle that is.

Just going out to the airport to bore holes in a J-3 or something seems like fun to me, and when I dont want to no more, just put back in the hanger untill I want to fly again.

LR25...good idea but a J3 is 30-40k now for a nice one!! My dad remembers when a J3 was 2k.

Dirt

I am throwing in the towel. Going to be a "useless eater" until that becomes boring.

I realized, ever since I started working in aviation, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.

Besides, I hear the airlines are now going to have every employee wear a minimum of 37 pieces of "flair".

Latest resources

Back