Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Average pay for flightinstructor is $79,445 per year!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mynameisjim said:
I believe that's the only position that the salary is based on. That's pretty accurate for an airline flight instructor.
I could live off that pretty nicely. I hear there might be some openings soon... :)

~wheelsup

Starting pay of $60k (after paycut) vs. $20-$25k...I'd take the former myself...:). Or is this like the debate between regional or corporate?

~wheelsup

Last edited:
wheelsup said:
Starting pay of $60k (after paycut) vs. $20-$25k...I'd take the former myself...:). Or is this like the debate between regional or corporate?

~wheelsup

They're also accepting bids for outsourcing the work to contractors. And Distance Learning, and and and...

Time to fly

I seem to remember someone posting something about this not to far back. Although, I am waiting for an interview for an instructing job that pays between 12-40, depending on how busy the winter gets.

Why isnt anyone else 81tching about the FBO owner that gets paid more when we fly than WE get paid when we fly? And if we don't fly, no big deal, no overhead anyway. Now thats a good subject.

If you dont want to do the job there are a million people willing to do it...for free. The same goes with a lot of 135 ops.

There are so many people out there that would fly 4-5 hours per night for free, just to get the time. Hey, there are people that would actually pay to get the time. Have you seen the rental price of a twin lately?

Latest resources

Back