Average pay for flightinstructor is $79,445 per year!

Erlanger

Total Time
13000+
This has been covered many times before about this websites pay scale for instructors. Every few months someone post this same thing. If you read on it says;

The compensation data does NOT reflect salaries of flight instructors from smaller local flight schools who typically work on an hourly basis and consider the accumulation of airtime the highest priority in their respective careers.

airludy

Total Time
I knew it was a good idea to get my CFI. Screw the regionals when I can make 80k a year.

SiuDude

Internet tough guy
Total Time
Why
airludy said:
Where does it say that?
Click on the hyperlink that says "flight instructor"

FedEx1

Professional Plumber
Total Time
Plenty
They must be using the professional flight instructors that work for majors- like at Fedex- and at big places like Flight Safety. That's all I can figure.... Oh, and maybe info from Kit Darby....

Kream926

pimpin' aint easy
Total Time
im callin shinnanigans on this one

bigboy

Total Time
7000+
FedEx1 said:
They must be using the professional flight instructors that work for majors- like at Fedex- and at big places like Flight Safety. That's all I can figure.... Oh, and maybe info from Kit Darby....
I doubt the fact that even Flight safety Sim instructors make an average of 80K.
I have no clue how they came up with this number!! :confused:

The_Russian

Low Level Pilot
Total Time
Beer30
Shenanigans!!!!!!!!!!! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

flymeach

Total Time
climbn
I swear to god, I'll pistol whip the next person who says shenanigans!

skydivinguy

Total Time
dash8driver said:
yea but unless they give you a free lunch at the interview, its not worth it. :)

Yeah, if it's the mainland, they might give him a free lunch and free airfare to boot!

RedGuy

No Otto Pilot
Total Time
Some
Iceman21 said:
dangit, someone is holding out on me.
LOL You like that, There are accually instructors out there that can come close to that, BUT they've been at it for ALONG time and typically don't work for a flight school, have a large student base and a good reputation to go on.:cool:

WhiteCloud

Total Time
RedGuy said:
LOL You like that, There are accually instructors out there that can come close to that, BUT they've been at it for ALONG time and typically don't work for a flight school, have a large student base and a good reputation to go on.:cool:
I guess it's possible. To come up with 80K for the year you have to earn $40/hour 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for 50 weeks out of the year. I imagine these guys (whoever they are) charge a lot more per hour/day than that and have some kind of high end client base. It's tough enough flying Ken and Barbie around all day let along teaching them to fly. If they can make that kind of cash all power to them.

RedGuy

No Otto Pilot
Total Time
Some
WhiteCloud said:
I guess it's possible. To come up with 80K for the year you have to earn $40/hour 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for 50 weeks out of the year. I imagine these guys (whoever they are) charge a lot more per hour/day than that and have some kind of high end client base. It's tough enough flying Ken and Barbie around all day let along teaching them to fly. If they can make that kind of cash all power to them.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Except the few I know charge more like $55-60 an hour work 6, 4-10 hour days pretty much all year. These are career instructors and they're worth what they charge.

flymeach

Total Time
climbn
Who, that little guy? I wouldn't worry about that little guy.

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
$80000???? Only if the flight school didn't keep 3/4 of what they charge the student.:rolleyes: Charging $50 and only paying the CFI's $12 is kind of f-ed up, if you ask me.:uzi: