Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Average pay for flightinstructor is $79,445 per year!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dash8driver said:
yea but unless they give you a free lunch at the interview, its not worth it. :)

Yeah, if it's the mainland, they might give him a free lunch and free airfare to boot!

Iceman21 said:
dangit, someone is holding out on me.

LOL You like that, There are accually instructors out there that can come close to that, BUT they've been at it for ALONG time and typically don't work for a flight school, have a large student base and a good reputation to go on.:cool:

RedGuy said:
LOL You like that, There are accually instructors out there that can come close to that, BUT they've been at it for ALONG time and typically don't work for a flight school, have a large student base and a good reputation to go on.:cool:

I guess it's possible. To come up with 80K for the year you have to earn $40/hour 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for 50 weeks out of the year. I imagine these guys (whoever they are) charge a lot more per hour/day than that and have some kind of high end client base. It's tough enough flying Ken and Barbie around all day let along teaching them to fly. If they can make that kind of cash all power to them.

WhiteCloud said:
I guess it's possible. To come up with 80K for the year you have to earn $40/hour 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for 50 weeks out of the year. I imagine these guys (whoever they are) charge a lot more per hour/day than that and have some kind of high end client base. It's tough enough flying Ken and Barbie around all day let along teaching them to fly. If they can make that kind of cash all power to them.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Except the few I know charge more like $55-60 an hour work 6, 4-10 hour days pretty much all year. These are career instructors and they're worth what they charge.

$80000???? Only if the flight school didn't keep 3/4 of what they charge the student.:rolleyes: Charging $50 and only paying the CFI's $12 is kind of f-ed up, if you ask me.:uzi:

Latest resources

Back