Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Average pay for flightinstructor is $79,445 per year!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flymeach said:
I swear to god, I'll pistol whip the next person who says shenanigans!

MAC: "Hey Farva, what's the name of that resturant you like with all that goofy sh-t on the wall and the mozzarella sticks?"

I think they probably came up with that figure, by simply taking the an hourly rate of say 40 or 50 and assumed a 40 hour work week. Either that or it includes the salaries of check airmen in it. Either way it is misleading and a sham.

lets see....my flight school pays me $18 an hour. So. If I flew/conducted ground school 4,424 hours a year, yeah, I'd be pushin' $80K. What's so unbelievable about that?

RedGuy said:
Yeah, that's pretty much it. Except the few I know charge more like $55-60 an hour work 6, 4-10 hour days pretty much all year. These are career instructors and they're worth what they charge.

And after you pay the state and local employment taxes and buy some health insurance so yer old lady can keep her female parts all working right, you're back $18K. I think when you have 10,000 hours in 150s you need to write some books and do some speaking engagements like that tool Rod Machado.

I haven't been an active flight instructor since the mid 90's. At the rate I was earning then, I would still fall short of $79,445...for a decade.

j41driver said:
Does this take into account the flight instructors working at airline training departments, etc?

I believe that's the only position that the salary is based on. That's pretty accurate for an airline flight instructor.

Latest resources

Back