average day at Netjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Schrode said:
Ok. You heard all the bad stuff. Most of the time what does it involve? Pay.

You may have a "better job" (pay) but I have every other week off - at least until 1 January, (and then I can bid it longer if I wish). I get two weeks vacation (that's off work for 21 days folks, twice a year) and when I complete my 5th year, well, I get another week. After 10 years, I get 4 (count 'em boys) 21 day vacations! I NEVER fly tired. I get plenty to eat on the road, and we stay at great hotels - If there is one. If I find something wrong with the plane, where I think it shouldn't fly - It is grounded. I work hard for this company, unfortunately, they CHOOSE not to pay us a fair wage.

By the way, the Union always stands by the pilots to ensure fair treatment. But, if you do something wrong, or illegal, well - the company can still let you go. They protect you from WRONGFUL treatment, discrimination, harassment and violations of the AGREEMENT between the pilots and the Management.

See in your job, if the management DECIDES to pay you less - you and your family get less money until you can go and get that other, "great job" I am so jealous of. And you probably can get it too - to your credit. Good for you. Or if the boss says, "get me to Aspen tonight - or you're fired" what do you do? Me? I don't have to worry about that, cause I know I have Union protections - and my Company knows it.

NetJets has it's downfalls, but I'd say it is because they pay me less than the Flight Attendants! Not because we have a Union!

Hey thats great you get half the month off.. Major airline guys get upwards of 19 days off a month after they acrue seniority.. Have you ever worked for an airline or let me guess.. Netjets is your first and best civilian aviation job!! They buy you crew food too.. Do you think they do that out of the kindness of their heart? They have tried and tried again to eliminate crew food. They dont want to feed you.. The only reason they do is so that they don't have to sell off a trip at 18K while you'd normally go out and eat lunch like you would with a normal job!

Last edited:
suen1843 said:
So is that the way it is done at NJI and EJM.....sick pilots flying in bad weather in their 15th duty hour???

Yeah, I was wondering about that, too! I must have been asleep in the cockpit when we were violating all those FARs and company regulations because we are not "protected" by the union. :) Maybe I should call the FAA and self-disclose! I feel so guilty and ashamed! Maybe I should help bring the Teamsters to NJI so we won't be forced to eat such good food and be treated so well by management.
Yeah, that's what we need. The Teamsters at NJI to straighten us out. How did we ever manage our aviation careers without union goons "helping" us?
By the way, on a lighter note, a word of appreciation for our wonderful flight attendants. They are a pure pleasure to work with, and I am proud to serve with them as a crew on a NJI plane.

G4 posted:
By the way, on a lighter note, a word of appreciation for our wonderful flight attendants. They are a pure pleasure to work with, and I am proud to serve with them as a crew on a NJI plane.

Do they get paid better than NJA's F/A's?

Our F/A's are overdue on their contract also. I wonder if they will ever match the International?

Hogprint said:
G4 posted:

Do they get paid better than NJA's F/A's?

Our F/A's are overdue on their contract also. I wonder if they will ever match the International?

A very good question, but I don't know. Our FAs make nice money, but most of us would like them to make more because their job is so challenging, with all the remote places we fly to. Plus having to put up with us pilots, a qualification for sainthood for sure.

I have made up my mind. I like it at NetJets. Where did I come from? Not the airlines, you are right. Probably never go there either unless things get better there. I spent my time in the mud for 14 years in Army Aviation flying over a bunch of crappy 3rd world countries sleeping in tents and Holiday Inn's in Bosnia where bullet holes riddle all the buildings around you and the airfield has blown up aircraft and craters all over . . . It ain't bad at NetJets. Maybe my perception is skewed - but wake up, I have seen much worse in the world. How about you?

NetJets does want to pay the pilots more, as long as we work more days for a smaller daily rate (are they nuts up there? If I want to work more - I'll do contract trips for more money than they are offering). That's what we have been arging over for 4 years. How you think the Union made THAT happen is beyond me. Militant? Are you sure we are talking about the same Union? They follow all the rules, laws and guidelines - more than I have seen from Management. As far as the "AK-47 Man" - he is back on the payroll, thanks to Union representation and the independant Arbitrator that looked at the case. But, that isn't the end of the story, Management didn't like the answer, so they filed a civil lawsuit against the guy (after they agreed that the Arbitrator's decison would be final). Now, in my opinion of seeing the video and watching the case - the company is trying to push, just to cost everyone more money and to harrass this pilot and the union.

Good luck to those at NJI, but remember who runs the show up there. They are in this for a business, not to help you pilots with good jobs. Don't rock the boat - stay anti union and you'll be ok. Take what they give you and be good boys, cause that's the best you'll ever get.

Schrode said:
NetJets does want to pay the pilots more, as long as we work more days for a smaller daily rate
Nowhere in any communications from the union or co. have I read this.

Where are you getting this information? The day rate went up- they also pilots to work more days.

The day rate went up.

But the extended day rate went down.

when more days are added to the schedule... they get paid at the daily rate instead of 1.5 times that rate.

So you are working the extra days at a smaller rate.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

This only goes to further show the dishonesty of management negotiators.

In their proposal which they summarized and posted on their website for all to see...

They claimed that they needed a 6 on 4 off schedule to balance the 7/7 schedule so they could afford the payscale they were offering.

Right now in this current CBA they have a FLEX schedule which is awarded by bidding. It has at least one more duty (up to 3 more ) day per month than their 6/4 proposal. Its more flexible because it is not fixed like the 6/4. Scheduling can basically make you work on any day of the month except 4 H days. Wonderful for the company.

And the Flex schedule is vastly CHEAPER for the company than the schedule they propose.

More flexible, cheaper, 1 to 3 more duty days. Available to scheduling now... Yet management has limited the number of people who can be awarded this schedule to 5% of the pilots.

WTFO?

It just does not make sense. Not only is it cheaper and more flexible than the FIXED 6/4 schedule ... but it is vastly less expensive than SELLOFFS. Yet the selloffs continue.

Ahh.. but as I predicted some time ago... they have backed off the 6/4 schedule.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back