• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Avbugs advetures and experiences

• Who wants avbug to write a book?

Votes: 111 43.7%
  • Who doesn't want avbug to write a book?

Votes: 31 12.2%
  • Who doesn't care if he writes a book?

Votes: 104 40.9%
  • Who wiil support him financially if he writes the book?

Votes: 18 7.1%

• Total voters
Avbug

<<Gsrc, since you're such an expert, do you happen to hold an initial attack card, yourself?>>

Are you kidding? They wouldn't let me fly something like that. Perhaps you missed the fact that I am a podunk(or poadunk). Basically, I was just wondering your status and you filled me in. Thank you. With that information I will have a better idea of where you are coming from when you write stuff. Your enthusiastic posts have more than demonstrated your mechanical knowledge, just wasn't sure about your flying. Coulda been true, coulda been exagerated, coulda been bs...I'll take you at your word from now on and that makes your posts even cooler to read.

Carry on :)

Hello everyone,
I've been reading this Avbug's post here, but mostly at a crop duster's site for something like two years I think. He sure has a way of putting words together, that's for sure.
I've ask around to find out who this guy is. I had one person claimed to know him but refused to get into it. The man seamed to get upset cause I was asking. I wasn't looking to put a contract out on him or anything, just wanted to know if he was for real, that's all.
I believe he is a very accomplished pilot, can't tell you why, just a feeling. He appears to know just a little to much about Ag flying to be BS'ing.
This man has come at me hard time about a, lets just say a subject outside aviation and leave it at that. I've crossed paths with some very unique people that were blessed to able to do and excell in a lot of fields. Avbug appears to be one of these individuals. Is he for real, I don't know for sure.
I'll say this about the guy, he's helped me many times, he's pissed me off bad a few times to. Sometimes I just say darn that guy, how does he find out about all this stuff. But, I'd read his book. He would make a good writer for someone like Gliem publications doing those study manuals, I met some of those guy's and they are all Avbug's..LOL. So, I say let's go easy on the guy and support him any way we can.
Good Luck Avbug.
DB

Boy Avbug, you've got quite a following here with quite the Mystique to boot. Personally, for what it's worth I too knew someone who was in the DC-6 flying tankers, based in PRC for the fire seasons. He had some great stories. Met lot's of tanker pilots there, along with other assorted Forest Service pilots in unique planes...all unusual folks. A unique breed to say the least!

I think your posts are informative, level headed and speak of experience. I enjoy reading them to boot! Just for kicks and grins you should really start documenting all your adventures. If not for a book, then perhaps for when you get up in the years - you can look back and smile as you relive the past!

Re: Avbug

publisher said:

They fly planes, they are not aviators.

That observation is a distinction that few are able to make. But, it is very real.

DB,

I was sorry to see the Ag Update board go down. Has Bill managed to get the kinks ironed out and a new board up yet?

Didn't mean to piss ya off. Unfortunately, if I had to live with myself, I'd divorce myself in a week (or probably shoot myself, whichever came first...fortunately I've learned to become catatonic the minute I get in from work....).

I think I know who you contacted at the ag site for info. If he happened to explain why he couldn't say anything, it would be clear...but that's a catch 22, I guess. (Great book, too). He's in the same boat, as well. I'm not sure why he got upset, other than he probably just wanted to talk about something else. It's all business.

No books. The only reason I keep track of some experiences is because they make good examples to punctuate a point. Usually the point is about my screwup; I've got enough screw-up stories to fill a healthy book. A lot of times it's easier to share one of these, than to make the same point at somebody else's expense.

It would HAVE to be better than Shane Osborne's book. Man, the BS filter was sure left off at the publisher's on that one.....

I was in MSO yesterday yes, lookin for avbug. I walked past a packed local watering hole and I thought maybe I could find him or some story of him there. Then I thought that won't look too good in the morning papers, GRIZ pilot checks out local watering hole 8 hours before flying. Is avbug for real, sure, does he have a gift, yes. Would I buy the book????You bet. Do I know Tom Christopher-yes, George Bacherlor, yes. Geroge W. Bush,yes, Jerry Falwell,yes,and the list goes on and on. I s Avbug telling the truth, yes. If he wasn't then he wouldn't have left a cush job to go do what he loves to do........fly. Especially single pilot, that is the best. Keep posting avbug.

TurboS7 said:
I s Avbug telling the truth, yes. If he wasn't then he wouldn't have left a cush job to go do what he loves to do........fly. Especially single pilot, that is the best. Keep posting avbug.

I agree TurboS7. On these anonymous bulletin boards all we have to go by when we decide if a certain poster is legit, or not, is by his words. Avbug is too passionate about what he does and writes too much truth to be a fake.
Avbug is a pilot who really puts his money where his mouth is; he passes up cush airline jobs so that he can do what he loves. All of the airline wanna-bes who claim to do it for the "love of flying", could learn a lesson from the bug. Heck, I wish that I could make a living flying something that was fun to fly.

regards
8N

edited for spelling

Last edited:
Book

I read Shane Osborne's book...I thought it was good...I also met some of Shane's friends at Navy Jax...in Jax, FL. They said the book was good?

Latest resources

Back