• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair's new-hire class!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okay, now we've just gone way off the deep end into luny land.

Well,,,,,banker's hours are based on an 8-hour day. Avant makes you work a 24-hour day. Thus, you are "at work" the equivilant of THREE banker's jobs.....or 18 months per year!

I am sorry, I am on duty 24 out of 24 hours? or i am away from home 24 hours, as in I am in a different town every night meeting new people and seeing places in the US, Canada, Mexico and the Carribean that I may never have otherwise had the opportunity to see?

I think i understand what you didnt like about being a real pilot, you get home sick. :crying:

You, my friend of misery (MFOM) may not be wired to be in the transportation industry. Don't take it in a bad way, but Aviation is not for everybody.

I am sorry, I am on duty 24 out of 24 hours? or i am away from home 24 hours, as in I am in a different town every night meeting new people and seeing places in the US, Canada, Mexico and the Carribean that I may never have otherwise had the opportunity to see?

I think i understand what you didnt like about being a real pilot, you get home sick. :crying:

You, my friend of misery (MFOM) may not be wired to be in the transportation industry. Don't take it in a bad way, but Aviation is not for everybody.

A watershed moment in the cabinet-maker vs. FI Avant Air community conflict.

If the pay is right.......... $7.98 per hour is a little low for my standard of living. Minimum wage is $7.25 for crying out loud. Taco Bell pays $7.50 per hour.

I think the revealed truth here is that you'd be more content working all day, every day with no travel responsibilities. A bizarre choice in vocation, really, as the "reality" of QOL in having a more ordinary job is functionally illusionary.

Just the opposite. I'd rather work as little as possible for as much pay as possible.

Latest resources

Back