• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair's new-hire class!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am curious BTDI, besides running your own flight instruction school, (which imho is not a FLIGHT job) where was the highest paid FLIGHT job you ever had?

My best year was $102,000, flying part 91. I made part of the money thru my business and part of it flying a Citation and a 421. I flew maybe 2 days per week on average and tended to the business part-time. I took vacations whenever I wanted. I ate lunch whenever I wanted. I went into work whenever I wanted. I refused flights whenever I wanted (only happend 2 times ever). I never had to walk to get a meal. I always had a rent car. I never had anyone call me in the middle of the night about a flight.

My best year was $102,000, flying part 91. I made part of the money thru my business and part of it flying a Citation and a 421. I flew maybe 2 days per week on average and tended to the business part-time. I took vacations whenever I wanted. I ate lunch whenever I wanted. I went into work whenever I wanted. I refused flights whenever I wanted (only happend 2 times ever). I never had to walk to get a meal. I always had a rent car. I never had anyone call me in the middle of the night about a flight.

That was your best year and includes two jobs. I asked what was your best paid flying job! Where was it at and how long did you have it?

Well, it includes 2 part-time jobs. Trust me, I was at work a mere fraction of what you were that year. I'd have to look at my past tax returns to break it down any further for you, but I can tell you without hesitation that simply flying part-time Part 91 (no business income included) my pay exceeded what Avantair was paying me to be gone 6 months out of the year.

Well, it includes 2 part-time jobs. Trust me, I was at work a mere fraction of what you were that year. I'd have to look at my past tax returns to break it down any further for you, but I can tell you without hesitation that simply flying part-time Part 91 (no business income included) my pay exceeded what Avantair was paying me to be gone 6 months out of the year.

Cabinetry is a hellaciously time-consuming endeavour, as is running a business. The ratio of time spent indisposed vs. pay is better, in your opinion, to the offerings of Avant Air?

You do realize that working only 6 months a year makes banker hour types jealous, right?

I have WAY more time AT HOME than any 9 to 5'er out there.
Of course you realize that. You're just disgruntled and vocal.

You do realize that working only 6 months a year makes banker hour types jealous, right?

Exactly. The cabinet maker's arguments are epically flawed.

Well,,,,,banker's hours are based on an 8-hour day. Avant makes you work a 24-hour day. Thus, you are "at work" the equivilant of THREE banker's jobs.....or 18 months per year!

Latest resources

Back