• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair's new-hire class!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[FONT=&quot]Here is my guess as to why it's okay to use BeenThereSpunIt's real name. He told us his name in this post...

Dear Mat,

I am not a FLOPS pilot. I worked for a Frac for a year but moved on to greener ($$$) pastures. I still fly so I have an ongoing keen interest in what happens in the Pilot World. I personally supported the union drive you guys put forth. Without a union contract we all would be stuck in the right seat at year 3 making $42,000 (no offense Waco). I understand the need for a Contract with FLOPS. That being said.....

....you came onto this board with a very decent post, asking people to keep the discussion in-house (although I disagree with you on that). You seemed very professional and I detected a lot of sincerity in your words. THEN...you didn't shut up. You proceeded to post several more times, taking pot shots at, and making personal attacks on those who didn't agree with you. I don't care who shot first......you are in a position of leadership and that negates your right as a professional do retaliate. THEN.....you posted THIS THREAT to your fellow union members.....

I will promise you one thing. We will find out who you are (we always do). And when we do, I will personally insure all of our members know who you are and what you have done to work against their best interests.

Mat.....threatening your fellow union members was the most irresponsible and unprofessional thing I have seen in years. While I hope you guys do eventually find common ground and vote to ratify a decent Contract, I suspect this type of threat from a Union Boss might be the downfall of things of a while. Perhaps you can apologize to these guys for your "Mobster Threat" and they will forgive you, but I personally could never rally behind such a leader. Again, good luck to all of you guys. Your vote affects all of us who fly. Peace.

Kyle Bryant (no anons here, dude)

I think the expectation to anonymity has been waived. Here is the pertinent part again:

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]
Dear Mat,

blah blah blah... <~~~~~ (my words)

Kyle Bryant (no anons here, dude)
[/FONT]

Like I said, I do believe if you "out" yourself then that's it, you don't get to cry when people know who you are.

footnote: the post in question was in the Fractional section of this forum under the thread of "
To all members in good standing of IBT Local 1108 that frequent Flightinfo.com:". Post number 64 on page 5 posted on 2/26/10.

Last edited:
Wow these folks were picked from 1000's of resumes. Alot from the companies you work for that you think are so great. There's a lot to be said for job security and the chance to upgrade within 2 to 3 years.

Thats great news about the new hires! Not that it matters but the hourly figure based on making $35000 a year with a 7 on 7 off schedule is about $9.00 per hour. Of course that really does not matter as we all have to start somewhere and getting on with a company that is expanding is as good of a place as any in my opinion.

Thats great news about the new hires! Not that it matters but the hourly figure based on making $35000 a year with a 7 on 7 off schedule is about $9.00 per hour. Of course that really does not matter as we all have to start somewhere and getting on with a company that is expanding is as good of a place as any in my opinion.

What he says!!

Good Post

For a single guy maybe but hell no for a person with a family

Hope for an upgrage >> thats always wishful thinking. Remember that.

I don't follow. If you work a "normal" 5 day a week job you work 2,000 hours a year (with 2 weeks off). To make 35k you need an hourly rate of $17.50.

If you have that same job but get every other week off then you only work 1,000 hours and need to make $35.00 an hour to make 35k.

Not sure how $9.00 / hr fits in anywhere.

Some would consider being away from home 24/7 equates to 24 hrs/day duty, even though some of that is rest. Twelve hours on day one and seven and 24 hrs every day in between adds up to 144 hours in a week using this philosophy.

Glass lets do the math:

7 day schedule at Avantair, 6.00 am duty on for day 1......6.00 pm duty off on day 7 (if you are lucky) That equates to being gone to work 156 hours each week, 25 weeks per year. 156x25=3,900 $35K/3,900 = $8.97 per hour, plus those profit checks...LOL

THERE is $9 per hour. He just rounded up.

(And yes, we are counting ALL the time at work and away from our families, not just "airplane time.")

Glass lets do the math:

7 day schedule at Avantair, 6.00 am duty on for day 1......6.00 pm duty off on day 7 (if you are lucky) That equates to being gone to work 156 hours each week, 25 weeks per year. 156x25=3,900 $35K/3,900 = $8.97 per hour, plus those profit checks...LOL

THERE is $9 per hour. He just rounded up.

(And yes, we are counting ALL the time at work and away from our families, not just "airplane time.")

Sorry to ask it but where is the better entry-level deal in the industry today?

Latest resources

Back