Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

avantair.......union? Is it time.....again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was going to let the Avantair guys continue their discussion on unions while just reading to be informed. Until now. It just got silly with the dino comment.

Can you tell me, B19...what useful purpose did dinosaurs once have on this earth? I'm more curious what you think dinosaurs did in their time that made them "useful". Or is that just a contrived way to attempt to bash the unions. 'Cuz its a pretty sucky one, if that's all you can come up with.

They made oil.

It is still useful.

Like unions.

And unlike B19.

LOL fischman...I was waiting for that response. But this knucklehead was eluding to them serving a purpose while on Earth saying they once served a purpose.

And yes...they serve quite a good purpose now!

LOL fischman...I was waiting for that response. But this knucklehead was eluding to them serving a purpose while on Earth saying they once served a purpose.

And yes...they serve quite a good purpose now!

I hear ya.

B19 would have the Avantair pilots think that a union isn't needed but their own experiences lately say otherwise. You should always be suspicious of one who tries to deny reality--they have a hidden agenda.

NJ pilots can attest to the fact that their union is alive and very necessary. The number of calls received by Stewards and the work done by the Union Training Committee are strong evidence of that real-life situation.

Naturally, B19 would rather discuss movies and dinosaurs...:rolleyes: instead of actual examples of how a strong union can have a very positive impact on a pilot's career. Had that landing happened to a NJA crew, they, the union, and the company would all be involved in a methodical review of the situation. Rules would be followed and the union would be making sure that the pilots were treated fairly. I think B19 needs to have it spelled out for him....;) In reality a union is all about...

Representation
Equality among pilots
A set of rules for both sides
Legal help as required
Income spelled out in advance
The chance to negotiate
Your much needed contract

I think B19 needs to have it spelled out for him....;) In reality a union is all about...

Representation
Equality among pilots
A set of rules for both sides
Legal help as required
Income spelled out in advance
The chance to negotiate
Your much needed contract

I spell differently than you do:

Remember
Eastern
Air
Lines
In
The
Year 1991

More chaff. We are discussing frac pilots and 1108. It is only fair to judge each group by its own track record.

You may as well blame the mechanics and rampers B19. The pilots voted to sympathy strike with them because Lorenzo wanted to cut their (mech's and rampers) pay. HE was the one who dismantled the airline. HE was the one who screwed the airline and all its employees. Place blame where it should be and come up with something in this century or even this decade if you wanna debate.

You may as well blame the mechanics and rampers B19. The pilots voted to sympathy strike with them because Lorenzo wanted to cut their (mech's and rampers) pay. HE was the one who dismantled the airline. HE was the one who screwed the airline and all its employees. Place blame where it should be and come up with something in this century or even this decade if you wanna debate.

Your total 2000 hours tells me that you weren't even alive when Lorenzo busted the union at Continental and saved how many jobs for Continental, Frontier and People's Express employees after consolidation? I was alive, and I know the downside. Two layoffs were enough for me to seek employment at a non-union carrier to secure my future against those that didn't care about anything but themselves.

Oh...now its Pan Am... Are you talking about the same Pan Am that terrorists loved so much? Blew up a couple planes and then the family members of Flight 103 decided to sue the company for $300 million? Is that the Pan Am you're talking about?? But I guess the Union was to blame for that one.

By the way...read the "+" at the end of the f'ng number. I'm a lot older than you might think, sir. And that's a mighty big chip on your shoulder if you're judging people by the number of flight hours they have. Tells me a lot about your character. That'd be akin to me saying you're not much of a pilot as my profile shows 2 jet types and you have none. It means nothing.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back