Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair thriving in this economic downturn...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
After taking a short break from the discussion, I can now see things much clearer. It's amazing what a new pair of contacts can do...:p For those pilotgroups who don't have employee paid health care, I strongly recommend it. With today's prices it's easy to see why insurance has become a staple of professional compensation. All of our frac families deserve it. Hopefully, in the future we'll see insurance coverage become as common as the 7&7 has. That schedule became the industry standard when it was made the default schedule in the 2005 NJA contract. There's a lot to be said for having the largest frac pave the way. It just makes sense that majority = standard.

My mention of standards...be it health care, schedules, or pay...is only meant to acknowledge and discuss the prevailing conditions in the industry today because we are all affected by them and I strongly believe that all frac families deserve the same standard of living that comes with a professional compensation package and fair work rules. Noting that some frac pilots/families aren't yet getting their due is a recognition that there is progress to be made still. My comments are NOT meant to be uncomplimentary to those who are working toward the goal. Prior to the 2007 IBB contract at NJA, I mentioned the low pay of NJA pilots many many times and none of them were insulted. I post right beside the Flt Ops pilots complaining with them about their low pay and they appreciate my moral support and respect.

I fully admit that I have a lot to learn about Avantair and I'm willing to do so. I think it's great that you guys just got a raise. If that had been posted along with news of their growth I think this thread would have developed differently. Likewise, I'm glad to hear that those posting here have a good relationship w/management. Hopefully, that is also true for your fellow pilots.

C425 you took my respect comment way out of context--look again, I was just speaking generally of all aviation. You claim that I'm harassing you...(I'm increasingly frustrated, too, Waco) but a review of this thread will find me offering support and stating my respect while you have made personal insults. I'm comfortable leaving it to readers to decide. I've had plenty of positive responses in PMs from Avantair pilots.

Waco, the differences between the fracs is of interest to me and something I want to understand. I did try to gracefully bow out of this thread when it was obvious you guys were impatient with me, but the posts and questions directed at me kept coming. I felt it would be rude not to respond. I'm not trying to ignore or dodge anything but there are numerous posts to respond to, some demanding specific numbers and/or plans when I had already said I was just trying to talk about things in a broad, general sense. I've asked questions that have gone unanswered, also. Obviously, there are numerous viewpoints and issues to discuss.

I'm all for civil discourse that leads to greater understanding. If you guys want to continue the discussion I'll he happy to participate--after our family camping trip. Likewise, I can wish you all well and bow out now. If that is your preference then simply leave my name out of your posts and don't ask me any questions...;) Regards, NJW

Me too, enjoy you're time away.

Thank you!

nothing to me because I dont' work at either place but I was told that NJA lost about 50 customers to this company this past year because of much more reasonable management fee's and with this economic time everyone's looking to save.. just thought I would pass that along .. and that was FBO talk so who knows...

nothing to me because I dont' work at either place but I was told that NJA lost about 50 customers to this company this past year because of much more reasonable management fee's and with this economic time everyone's looking to save.. just thought I would pass that along .. and that was FBO talk so who knows...

Ok... There's something called discretion. We should exercise a bit of it here. Now's not the time to "innocently" quote statistics like this one. Our brothers/sisters at Netjets might have to do a bit of belt tightening, so right now we need to show some solidarity with them.

I'm with Aft. I don't know Netjet's business, any more than they know ours. But I respect them, and wish them well. NetJets has led the way, and I'm grateful. I hope everybody at all the fracs is working again soon.

Best wishes, Wacoflyr

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back