• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair pay cut vacay elimination

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What??? They took pay cuts at his company that the union approved?

The shame...the humiliation...whoops...that only happens if you're working "at will".

The company did not want the pilots to exercise bumping rights which would be very expensive in training costs since there are no seat locks and you could conceivably get 2 type ratings in a few months if you wanted them.
A few guys took pay cuts but others are now able to bump into higher paying positions and not be seat locked.

No hate on my part toward the Avantair pilots. Just don't like rats.

Especially rats that are responsible for keeping others harnessed to the humiliation of at-will employment.

Special place in hell for guys like GlassP. Dante would have him down with Judas, Brutus and Cassius.

WTF are you talking about? I'm the guy who has publicly stood up FOR the pilot group on pay, schedules, vacation, and no A/B scale. All this on the company forum in from of management. I've never 'ratted' anyone out. Hell, I'm not even anti-union. I've let it be known I'm for organization.

You need to get your facts straight before you come on here and publicly slander people while hiding behind a fake name.

WTF are you talking about? I'm the guy who has publicly stood up FOR the pilot group on pay, schedules, vacation, and no A/B scale. All this on the company forum in from of management. I've never 'ratted' anyone out. Hell, I'm not even anti-union. I've let it be known I'm for organization.

You need to get your facts straight before you come on here and publicly slander people while hiding behind a fake name.

Whatever you say.

Last edited:
"I'm posting protesting the outing of two pilots", really? I find some irony in this statement, since I hear you almost singlehandedly dismantled the union drive at avantair by outing one of the organizers to management.

Ordinarily, I'd protest being called a coward and a drunk, especially since the latter is true ;) but the opinions of a hypocrite, such as yourself don't concern me.

You probably think your actions have earned you the undying friendship of management, but I've heard it said that...

This principle is old, but true as fate, Kings may love treason, but the traitor hate. Thomas Dekker

Praetorian, are you a Flight Options pilot that was involved with the Teamsters union drive that is now dead at Avantair? Just curious, good thread you started!

Last edited:
$$$$

????

You were at Avantair for 5 years? You ran into two Avantair pilots you know and they told you they thought "the company was running out of money this year"....and you are now getting on the Internet to what? Confirm what real people you know told you?

What could someone possibly post here to give you a better understanding?

Anyway, I call BS. We are not running out of money this year. Pilots are pissed about the $1 per diem thing. I am too. My guess is it'll come back sooner than later. Avantair will be here for many years.

Rumors sometimes turn into Facts?! So why layoff the whole pilot group if money was not an issue?? Hard working Avantair pilots are on the street cause the dollars-dollars are running out & going where, Gl-asspilot? Sounds like not enough of those $dollars$ are going to the MX department...

"The decision to halt all flight operations also led the company to furlough a significant number of its 500 employees while experts perform a "nose to tail" safety inspection of each plane and review maintenance records."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/busine...rounds-its-fleet-of-planes-for-safety/1258472

Last edited:
????

You were at Avantair for 5 years? You ran into two Avantair pilots you know and they told you they thought "the company was running out of money this year"....and you are now getting on the Internet to what? Confirm what real people you know told you?

What could someone possibly post here to give you a better understanding?

Anyway, I call BS. We are not running out of money this year. Pilots are pissed about the $1 per diem thing. I am too. My guess is it'll come back sooner than later. Avantair will be here for many years.

You were saying? Good Luck out there Glasspilot...
http://www.tampabay.com/news/busine...ny-avantair-failing-to-provide-planes/2128000
http://www.tampabay.com/news/busine...mployees-furloughed-aircraft-grounded/2128785

Last edited:
Meanwhile, SkyLimo is hiring...coincidence?!?

OPEN INTERVIEWS FOR 6 P-180 AVANTi F/O'S

We will be conducting open interviews during the week of July 8th through July
12th between 9-12 and 2-4 pm for 6 P-180 Avanti F/O's.

Requirements are 500 Total Time and 50 Multi, you must have Commercial, Multi
Engine and Instrument Ratings.

Base is FXE and Ground School will begin on July 21st

If you are interested in being interviewed at our corporate offices please bring
with you a copy of your resume, Your log book and three personal references.

Our office is located at
Sky Limo Air Charter
5302 NW 21 Terr.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE

NO APPOINTMENT IS NECESSARY

Thanks for your interest.

As to the 6 P180s at Sky Limo - they probably are the planes registered to Midsouth Services, based in Clearwater. If so, they are also the planes flown/maintained(?) by Avantair for several years. As an Avantair 1/16th owner, I wouldn't climb into one of them on a dare!

As they say Rat, "Karma is only a bitch if you are". Glass has more pressing problems than an old post. JD should leave him alone.
Helm

Latest resources

Back