Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mamba20

Do what now?
Just curious what you all think. Im at a bottom feeder regional with no chance of upgrade anytime this century. I have been offered an interview with Avantair and I'm excited about that and cant wait to go. I'm just curious what some of you think about making a move.

Second, anyone have and good interview gouge info for Avantair?

Care to explain why? I mean its more money and better benefits. Not to mention there is a chance of upgrade withen a year.

I am a big fan of that airplane - especially the newer version with the ProLine 21 up front. I've heard the P180 is a blast to fly too.

Have you considered applying to the other fractionals as well? I know Flex and NJA are hiring...

mamba20 said:
Care to explain why? I mean its more money and better benefits. Not to mention there is a chance of upgrade withen a year.

Sounds like you already made up your mind. Have fun flying the Catfish.

WP

mamba20 said:

Hand someone a glass of sewer water after living in the desert a week and they'll think it's the best tasting water ever to exist. But it's still just sewer water...

I came from one of the better regionals and I like it much better at Avantair. Despite what the doom and gloom preachers say, it's not a bad place to work. P180Puke may have had a bad experience here, but my experience has been much better (not knocking you, P180Puke, just making observations). If my exeperience here turns sour I'll be the first one to admit it, but for now I'm having fun.

Dilligaff

Dilligaff said:
I came from one of the better regionals and I like it much better at Avantair. Despite what the doom and gloom preachers say, it's not a bad place to work. P180Puke may have had a bad experience here, but my experience has been much better (not knocking you, P180Puke, just making observations). If my exeperience here turns sour I'll be the first one to admit it, but for now I'm having fun.

Dilligaff

Good post. People have different perceptions of every job. From what I have read previously, salaries have improved at Avantair at least compared to the regionals. The flying sounds more interesting than regional flying (pretty much fly anywhere in the country) and the aircraft is apparently fun to fly. Unfortunately it sounds like there have been some operational kinks and management attrition issues - however that happens in fast-growth companies quite often. Not too surprising.

Let's hope the situation improves soon because Avantair sounds like it has the potential to be a much better outfit if it can get some key issues worked out... That Avanti II looks like it will be a great aircraft to fly when it gets on line.

Can anyone advise what Avantair looks for in pilots. I meet all of the posted requirements and live about and hour and a half from the new headquarters at PIE. Have sent resumes but still no luck. Thanks.

Anyone have any feedback on what's competitive #'s at Avantair right now? After the FLYI closure, I got the no thanks letter from NJA, is my 2800 TT, 1500 Multi going to come close at Avantair. Did see that they're advertising on CLIMBto350.

Thanks

Latest resources

Back