Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

se1776

splash 8
My friend told me that because of that gear incident the First Officers are no longer to fly the airplane with passanger on board only on empty legs.

this are thier hire mins.
Piaggio Avanti P180 First Officers[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]avantair Piaggio Avanti P180 First Officers avantair is continuing to experience exciting rapid growth. [/FONT]

Minimums requirements:
- Airline Transport Pilot

- 2500 Total Time,
- 1000 Multi-engine
- 250 Instruments
- 100 recent hi speed multi engine turbine or type rating
- 250 Hours in the past 12 months
- Airline Transport Pilot
- First Class Medical
- US Passport and copy of birth certificate
- FCC Restricted Radio/Telephone Permit

Benefits include: 30K Salary ...

for what to be a monkey radio give me a break.
Any new guy thinking of going there be carefull you have to change the oil and you'll have a great experience on flaps and the gear handle.

Anyway mi friend is quiting......

If that's indeed the case, there are other places hiring people with 2500 TT and an ATP, inside and out of the fractional industry.

Dont forget not allowed to fly legs within a metro area empty or not!!What a joke....There are many VERY qualified FOs there what a slap in the face..

Anyway mi friend is quiting......

Sadly he's not the only one leaving. Apparently alot of people have been leaving. I had 2 friends recently leave prior to their 1 year training contract. It's really sad to hear that.

Sadly he's not the only one leaving. Apparently alot of people have been leaving. I had 2 friends recently leave prior to their 1 year training contract. It's really sad to hear that.

Were they leaving for the above stated reason or for other factors? Clearly, this type of flying (wide variety of unfamiliar destinations, long days in a tight cockpit, etc.) and the week on/week off schedule isn't for everyone I would imagine. Did they move on to other fractionals? Surprised they wouldn't stay until at least the one-year mark...

I don’t think Avantair management realize that there is a lot of opportunities for these FO’s in the industry Flying a bigger and better equipment. I mean is a Piaggio that’s a single pilot airplane if you look at it
Well for all of you guy thinking of going there be careful you’ll be better of going to a regional airline.

Were they leaving for the above stated reason or for other factors? Clearly, this type of flying (wide variety of unfamiliar destinations, long days in a tight cockpit, etc.) and the week on/week off schedule isn't for everyone I would imagine. Did they move on to other fractionals? Surprised they wouldn't stay until at least the one-year mark...

One guy left to a Legacy, the other left for a better (and I mean better) paying job with much better schedule, the 3rd guy left b/c he wasnt a big fan of the schedule and leave of absence policies. Then the "older" employees that left were a few captains i knew.

I'm not sure yet, but I'm gonna have to call a big BS on this one... I might be wrong.

People have left in the past. I think its mostly due to the fact that alot of Avantair guys are exairline and they just want back in jets. Others are still time building and they want turboJET PIC and not turboPROP PIC.

I don't hear too many complaints about management. Just go over to the regionals board if you wanna hear that stuff...

Unfortunately, this is true. This policy didn't come down from the DO or CP or anyone who has operational knowledge, it came from the lawyers who run the place. The policy fixes nothing, it just punishes a group of good people.

I was at an FBO the other day where we had three crews waiting to depart. The FO's were not happy about the policy and were all talking about leaving (I don't blame them - it really is a slap in the face).

Dilligaff

Latest resources

Back