Avantair Interview!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FurloughedAgain said:
I saw an Avanti in Chicago the other day. What a spectacular looking airplane! If its performance lives up to the hype, and gas prices continue to rise, I would expect they'd be able to sell a ton of those things.

Trails a jet by minutes but burns a fraction of the fuel. Nice.

Technically you could also say it trails a jet by seconds. Heck, think of how much Mr. Big Bucks could save in fuel costs by flying Southwest.

On Your Six,

I can answer your first two questions:

1) Aircraft fleet as of today (6/30/05): 18 Avantis, 2 Premier Is (Premiers are core aircraft only). About 185 shareowners. 200 employees in company, about half of which are pilots.

2) Year-end fleet est.: 27 Avantis, 2 Premier Is. Avanti deliveries after Sept./Oct. will be Avanti II models. Company expects to take 14 more Avantis in 2006 and 16 more in 2007.

This info comes from a very reliable source...

My current corp gig is flying a Piaggio. I'm a big guy and fit into it nicely. They have done a nice job with the plane. Routinely fly from the middle of the country to TEB, MVY, BOS, EGE and aircraft is comfortable. Seats can get a litle hard though. We just completed a .70 STC basically changing the airspeed indicators and Air Data computer recalibration. Optimal speed alt is around 28.0 to 32.0 we see 390 to 395kts. At 41.0 get about 355 to 360 depending on ISA and weight on about 500pds total per hour. Out of the decend yest from 41 with the .70 stc was getting 417kts true. On short hops you can do a 250kt climb depending on weight at about 1500fpm to the mid to high teens. Fun plane to fly, somewhat demanding on landings. Not a short field performer by any means and not near as forgiving as the King Air series. Has alot of early lear type systems and flying qualities. Long and the short it flys a little like a jet and a little like a turbo prop.

Can you choose your base at Avantair or are they assigned? Do you all bid for schedules or is it just go where they need you?

Thanks

icefr8dawg said:
Anyone know if Mike Garcia works there? Heard something about it the other day.

I think he was for a short while and is now back at his previous position.

Can someone give us an example of what a "typical" 6/7 day schedule looks like? I realize that in the fractional world no week is typical. Something like:

Day 1 - Flown to waiting aircraft from base and positioning flight to Wyoming
Day 2 - Five sectors with stops in CA, NV and WA
Day 3 - ....

You can PM me if you like. I have friends who fly for NJA and Flexjet - I would imagine it would be somewhat similar. However, with the P180, I would imagine shorter legs and quite a bit of positioning - but I could be wrong.

Thanks

There is no bidding for schedules. Schedules start on a Monday or a Wed. Each last for about 7 days, give or take 1/2 day or so.

You can get to chose your base. RNO, PIE or CDW. If you live close to one of their bases, they assume you want that base. If not, make that very clear to the interviewers that you want something else. Getting there is your repsonsibility. They have no jumpseat agreements that I know of.

I got a email from Avantair that they would be coming out west to interview - anyone heard anything like that?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back