Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

c152

Hi,

I have been reading up on Avantair I see that there is a contract and first year pay is a little low. Does anyone have information on the schedule like? What about domicles? I am thinking about applying but I want as much info as I can get before I wast my time.

Thanks In advance

c152 said:
c152 said:
I have been reading up on Avantair I see that there is a contract and first year pay is a little low. Does anyone have information on the schedule like? What about domicles? I am thinking about applying but I want as much info as I can get before I wast my time.

Thanks In advance

First year pay is $30,000 and there is a $5,000 upgrade bonus. Second year pay is $53,000 if you upgrade to Captain. EP says they are focusing on guys who can upgrade in 12 months.

The schedule is called a 7.5 days on and 6.5 days off. You end up with 5 hard days off, better than a 135 charter schedule but... On a brighter note, they are in the process of hiring to bring the pilot aircraft ratio's up to make a 7 on 7 off schedule work, CM says it may begin as soon as August.

There are 23 gateway airports and they are currently hiring into BOS, CLE, CVG, DEN, DFW, EWR, JFK, LAX, LGA, ORD, PHX, and SFO. they want you to live within 2 hour drive time of the gateway airport. (i pulled that off an job ad that i found on line)

Average pilot time was announced as 6200 TT with previous Captain experience in a type rated aircraft.

google search avantair and you get a number of sites you can check. This link has current pilot job ad, http://www.corporatepilot.com/jobspage.html or do like I did and find one of their crews on the ramp and ask them.

So they expect their FO to start at 30,000? I'd be interested, but I can't make that work with a family and a mortgage.

Does the Company offer Medical Benefits?..and what kind? Thanks

First year pay will only be 30K if you eat $48/day and work no overtime, both unlikely .... figure you eat half your PD, that's an extra 4K tax free, plus overtime ...

medical benefits are offered, not sure on the details because I dont need em but from what I saw the regular thingamabob was very cheap and the PPO less than $50 a month ....

Good insurance benefits if you're single. I pay less than $5 per paycheck - standard $20 copay for dr. visits.

Dilligaff

Latest resources

Back