Avantair called

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HazMat said:
A total of 9 positions were affected by the recent "right sizing" of the company. Eliminated were 2 positions of company car drivers, 1 position of janitor, 2 positions in the parts department, 2 positions in IT and 2 positions in maintenance. Both maintenance positions were at the supervisory level. No mechanics were let go. There are more than 270 people currently employed.

Shedding excess positions, unnecessary expenses and poor performers, is an expected and necessary part of the corporate growth process.

Corporate investors come and go. That in itself is not always a bad thing. Any opinion making a judgment either way could only be viewed as uninformed.

How that's good info...I was only aware of 1 driver. But hey, I'm not KPIE based so what do I know.

When do the Avanti IIs first come on line? Any estimates? Are Avantair pilots being trained on the new aircraft (ProLine 21 systems training)?

Should be a great airplane!

johnsonrod said:
When do the Avanti IIs first come on line? Any estimates? Are Avantair pilots being trained on the new aircraft (ProLine 21 systems training)?

Should be a great airplane!

As far as I know, there are a couple of guys who already did their differences training. But not alot, I'm still wondering as to how they are going to get everyone their differences training...I'm sure they got it all figured out, I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride.

HollaHolla said:
I'm not even sure why I read the crap on this web site. All this site seems to be is pilots who need a real job and wishing for a better job they make up rumors and b*llsh*t about great companys like netjets, options and avantair. If you dont work at one of the three.SHUT YOUR MOUTH. you don't know sh*t. Thank you

Oh no you didn't..... LOL

Well said.

HazMat said:
A total of 9 positions were affected by the recent "right sizing" of the company. Eliminated were 2 positions of company car drivers, 1 position of janitor, 2 positions in the parts department, 2 positions in IT and 2 positions in maintenance. Both maintenance positions were at the supervisory level. No mechanics were let go. There are more than 270 people currently employed.

Shedding excess positions, unnecessary expenses and poor performers, is an expected and necessary part of the corporate growth process.

Corporate investors come and go. That in itself is not always a bad thing. Any opinion making a judgment either way could only be viewed as uninformed.

Poor performers? From what I've heard they must have kept the poor performers and "shed" the wrong ones. Ah, but what else would they do?

Mr. Pebbles said:
Poor performers? From what I've heard they must have kept the poor performers and "shed" the wrong ones. Ah, but what else would they do?

Heeeeyyyy!!!! You're back! :)

Excuse me for a second..... :puke:

Better. Welcome back

Mr. Pebbles said:

Thankfully you "shed" yourself for us. Finish your training in the King Air yet?

B19 Flyer said:
Thankfully you "shed" yourself for us. Finish your training in the King Air yet?

OOOOH OH SPAGETTIO!!

King Air? Sorry, you must have the wrong person in mind. The person you may think I am may be flying a King Air, but not me. And you shouldn't crow- word on the street is that you should be in a 172 as far as skill level. But hey, the world needs 172 drivers too- you can report the traffic so I can make it to work on time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back