• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avantair Bases and Medical

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How can anyone afford to live in any of those cities, or any city for that matter, for $30,000 per year? Could that be why they are so short staffed?

I am surprised Avantair can find anyone since they are being scooped by the regional airlines which hire pilots with minimums as low as 600 total time.

Just booked travel for my interview. What a great resource for info this thread has been. Thanks. One additional question, if you guys don't mind. With the 7-on/7-off schedule (and no crash pads allowed, as I understand it) what does everyone do for a place to live if their gateway is more than 2 hours from home? Get a small 2nd apartment and change your permenant address, keeping "home" as "home", but having something more substantial than a crashpad closer to work? Hope that's not too confusing...

Have to agree with Cap E Ton here.

You must live within 2 hours of your gateway. There are tons of gateways but you have to be willing to live within a 2 hour drive as determined by mapquest.

Avantair is a great place to work but if the gateway thing is an issue then you'd be better off looking somewhere else.

I'm making a bigger deal out of this than I need to. I'm only 45 minutes farther than two hours, per Mapquest. I'll move an hour south of here then I'll be good. I have a couple of friends that work there now, and they love it. I'll keep the interview, I think.

Have you heard of anyone getting interviews with under 2500tt?

I have 1700 with 650 jet and will be looking in a few months. I don't want to go to a regional to build time.

Thanks

I got hired with 2300 ish...

I think they are trying to find people who will have about 3000tt at upgrade.

Submit an aplication, they are looking and I think quality not quantity wins most of the time.

Best of Luck!

-celloman

If I live 3 hrs from a gateway, but my rents live 1 hour away and I just commute the night before to my rents and spend the night before the next day which is the first day of the trip and use that address, is that ok? Thanks.

CM

It's not a huge deal, but what's the probability of getting the Avanti II with the Pro Line 21 set-up off the bat as a newbie vs. the regular Avanti? How many of each does Avantair have and how many Avanti IIs are expected through the end of the year?

Latest resources

Back