Avantair Bases and Medical

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks everybody!

As to the question about Avanti I or II, we were told about the variable sim setup (as mentioned in an earlier post), and I guess that the luck of the draw put me in the II.

One further observation... the interview was Monday morning. Monday morning at most office/administrative buildings is a collection of frowns, groans, and complaints. Not at Avantair's offices. There's not need for me to blow smoke... I already have the job. It was really profound. Like nothing I've seen. From the Chief Pilot, D.O., to the Flight Followers, Admin folks... everyone was genuinely happy to be working at Avantair. It's nice to know I've made a great choice.

Thanks again, everybody!

Check your PMs.

Another Lear 25 driver!

Thanks everybody!

As to the question about Avanti I or II, we were told about the variable sim setup (as mentioned in an earlier post), and I guess that the luck of the draw put me in the II.

One further observation... the interview was Monday morning. Monday morning at most office/administrative buildings is a collection of frowns, groans, and complaints. Not at Avantair's offices. There's not need for me to blow smoke... I already have the job. It was really profound. Like nothing I've seen. From the Chief Pilot, D.O., to the Flight Followers, Admin folks... everyone was genuinely happy to be working at Avantair. It's nice to know I've made a great choice.

Thanks again, everybody!

Vacation?

I think I remember someone saying that there is one week (which would mean three off) of vacation. Can anyone confirm this?
Thanks

I think I remember someone saying that there is one week (which would mean three off) of vacation. Can anyone confirm this?
Thanks

that is correct, one week at the completion of each year is the current policy. with a 7 & 7 schedule, that would equate to 21 days off in a row.

after the completion of year 4, it is two weeks off.

that is correct, one week at the completion of each year is the current policy. with a 7 & 7 schedule, that would equate to 21 days off in a row.

after the completion of year 4, it is two weeks off.

21 days in a row - that's a good deal when you think about it. You certainly don't see that in 121 operations.

Do newhires have restrictions on which week (for a 21 day period total) they want to take off (i.e., Summer vs. Fall or Winter)? I would think a lot of pilots would want to take those 21 days total during the Summer. I am sure management wouldn't want a flood of pilots taking time off at the same time.

At the regional I worked for you could get almost 3 weeks for a week off if you bid it right. Plus, we got more time off after two years. That being said 21 days off in a row is very nice.

I believe they are going to work on a system of biding for time off at the end of each you for the next year. Much like the 121 world does it. As it stands now you submit a form for time off and it gets approved or denied. If you submit for the time well before you need it there is a good chance you will be able to get it off. There have been some complaints about the current system and that is why we are changing.

-celloman

Latest resources

Back