• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Austin BBQ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm pretty partial to County Line BBQ in AUS... As for NC, the vinegar based stuff is an acquired taste. Now that I live in NC, I gotta get out for some of that stuff. I used to live for trips in to RWI for the Garner's BBQ Buffet. I am ashamed to admit I have not had any BBQ since I moved to NC. PATHETIC...

O.K., now I gotta go drive to Lexington... Thanks guys.. :eek:

True, vinegar a retraining of your taste buds. The way I look at it, the KC and St Louis types have won the popular battle of BBQ. Much like GW had with taking the country to war.

But now that you know the truth, BBQ is not to be consumed with the masking flavors of ketsup, honey, corn sryup and moleasses.

The truth does not merly lie with those who can mass produce a product and sell to the masses through marketing. To discover the truth, you must dig a little deeper than what is on a crappy ketsup bottle with cool BBQ'esk lable.

Enjoy your Lexington BBQ. I am making some Lexinton sauce right now. I did the pork shoulder yesterday and having the neighborhood over the 4th. I hope yours is a good one.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back