Austin BBQ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

G100driver

Boss wants aircraft catored with BBQ. Where is the best BBQ in Austin. I know, we are only in Texas, but I will have to make due. :rolleyes: ;)

I understand that it is the Salt Lick or Ironworks. Any other suggestions.

Thanks for any help.

Kaus Bbq

One word, mate ... COUNTYLINE ... that's all you need to know about BBQ!

TransMach

Bbq

Salt Lick--It's out in the middle of nowhere, but the food is great. Best TX BBQ I've ever had.

G100driver said:
Boss wants aircraft catored with BBQ. Where is the best BBQ in Austin. I know, we are only in Texas, but I will have to make due. :rolleyes: ;)

I understand that it is the Salt Lick or Ironworks. Any other suggestions.

Thanks for any help.
Stubb's is good too... It is downtown a couple blocks from the Marriott...

Have some FedEx'ed in from North Carolina... ;) TC

Falcon Capt said:
Stubb's is good too... It is downtown a couple blocks from the Marriott...

Good, they're Grrrreat! I used to flip burgers there. Love it. Get some beef ribs for me. And some slaw, please.

Bbq

You want to make the boss happy, fly to Lexington NC. (EXX) Ask Charlie for the crew car and directions to Lexington BBQ on old I85. Get a couple of gallons and make sure you get a quart of extra dip. As long as you're flying the 10 or the 50 it'll still be warm when you land and deliver it to him. Thats how you make the boss happy. Any body can just go somewhere close but to get the best you gotta go the extra mile. Guarantee he'll give you a nice raise for not disappointing him.

Thank-you to everyone. We are back from AUS. Because of time constrants (and we had the directions) we went to the salt lick. It was GREAT, boss was happy. I could not agree more with Yellow Snow and TC , however. Real BBQ comes from pigs in NC.

Latest resources

Back