August SWA Classes ???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WWWHHHAAATTT???

What happened to the rumors of the two solid classes in Aug? Oh no, I thought we were starting to get going down the list pretty good. I guess they call when they call, just hard to wait and wait and wait.

Glad to be in the pool though, no doubt about that...

Some things to consider

I have to raise the flag on what the Dir of Training said. You have to remember we have a contract extention under consideration. It is in the company's interest to make things look as bleak as possible. Their line of reasoning goes some thing like this; "Well guys, things are pretty bad right now, we may not have a lot of new hires next year, we're only going to add five planes, you should take anything you can get right now."
Here are some things to consider. The Department of Transportation expects airtravel to increase 14% in 2003. Jim Parker, our CEO, has said he expects Soutwest to return to near normal growth in 2003, which is historically around 8%. That equals 320 pilots, or 28 planes. Gary Kelley, our CFO, has stated we have orders for 14 planes next year, but with the opportunities existing on the market we may acquire more. Herb Kellerher, who needs no introduction, when given the standard question at the annual shareholder's meeting about growth into Hawaii, Canada, or Mexico, said there are too many luscious(sp) opportunities in the lower 48 right now. And let's not forget, we're making money right now. I see no difference in the loads now and the loads last summer. I know the yields are down, but the economy is turning around and we don't need to raise our yields much to make money hand over fist.
Hope this helps.

I think that the request for updates from the top 100 in the pool is a solid sign.
Why update after 6 months if there is no classes for another 6 months? hum? ;)
Let s have some PO Attitude.

Background Update

I got an update package about four weeks ago and sent it in. It has been processed. I dont think I am in the top 100 in the pool either. ( If our list has any truth to it .) Any one else in the deep end get this? Thats enough to make me think positive anyway. Congrats to all in July 15 CLASS!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Texan are you really #190 on the list

Texan are you really #190 on the list?

And you have already recieved an update package?

Has anyone else that Interviewed in JAN - FEB recieved an update package?

I sitting over here fat and dumb in the desert wondering what kind of mail is piling up back in the states for me that I was supposed to have filled out.

jan type

I was a Sept interview but a Jan type and I got an update package about 2 weeks ago also. Currently 123 on the 5 July list, our list not the SWA list. Lord knows where I am on that one. I did not get any kind of Fedex request or any special handling about the Texas NDR form although there was one in there that I had notarized and all that.

Firstthird

p.s. I had thought I was 115 on the list, but it keeps getting bigger and I keep moving further down it seems, better last on the list than first in line for the next interview though.

The List?

OPIE01

I guess I am 190 on our list if it has all ligit people on it. I got the whole package and US Investigations called my previous employer. I did the NDR thing and already recieved copys of the stuff the FAA sends them. I interviewed Jan. and typed in May. So I know I have to be way back there. Call Jan at the PD to see if she sent you one. Hope you make it out of the Desert soon.

I was sitting here reading all the posts and about to take out the regulator and go ahead and let myself drown. It's along way down to the bottom here.

I interviewed in Jan typed in April. I also got an update package and I believe that it has already been finished. I agree, why spend the money if they are going to have to do the same thing again if they don't put us in a class.

I am so confused. Just like the rest of the pilots that I know, I just don't have the big picture!

Captemb

LIFEGUARD......

Where's Hassellhoff when you need him anyway?

The water's full of MUD: Mass-confusion, Uncertainty, and Doubt.

What do you say we go ahead and clean up the place!

Latest resources

Back