• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attrition at ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you assume that they're going to get kicked out. Skywest has yet to close their CR9 base in Atlanta. Shuttle America's is growing. Why would Pinnacle close their base? The 900 they have parked on the south side of the field looks great sitting there. No reason to think they'll get booted. If anything, Comair, Mesaba, and Compass will be sitting pretty when the merger of NWA/DAL goes through.

you assume that they're going to get kicked out. Skywest has yet to close their CR9 base in Atlanta. Shuttle America's is growing. Why would Pinnacle close their base? The 900 they have parked on the south side of the field looks great sitting there. No reason to think they'll get booted. If anything, Comair, Mesaba, and Compass will be sitting pretty when the merger of NWA/DAL goes through.

I'm not assuming man. I heard it from someone who knows a guy that heard it from a reliable source on the crew bus.

ASA cancelled 2 training classes...dunno why just heard from the training dpt a few days ago. Maybe sims are full or something. Talked with a skywest crew in IAH and they say that they were shrinkin from 9 planes to 2 or 3 planes in April in ATL. Thought that was interesting to hear.

I'm interested to hear why we CNX'd classes and had no idea our attrition was pushing 30. But where are they going? CAL/NWA/DAL/SWA are not hiring that many pilots are they?

I was talking in the CPO to CT and he stated that ASA is very weary of a pilot shortage. They feel that its better to over staff than get caught behind the 8-ball like MESA. Which if you think about how many airlines have not even begun to hire...

Who knows if we'll get more flying from DAL. Pinnacle is in negotiations so I can imagine their on time performance will "change." How long is their contract with DAL?

If we can keep our performance levels up maybe we can get some more flying. I wonder if Pinnacle got the ATL flying because our contract was dragged out so long. Did we even have a chance to bid on that flying?

I'm interested to hear why we CNX'd classes and had no idea our attrition was pushing 30. But where are they going? CAL/NWA/DAL/SWA are not hiring that many pilots are they?

I was talking in the CPO to CT and he stated that ASA is very weary of a pilot shortage. They feel that its better to over staff than get caught behind the 8-ball like MESA. Which if you think about how many airlines have not even begun to hire...

Who knows if we'll get more flying from DAL. Pinnacle is in negotiations so I can imagine their on time performance will "change." How long is their contract with DAL?

If we can keep our performance levels up maybe we can get some more flying. I wonder if Pinnacle got the ATL flying because our contract was dragged out so long. Did we even have a chance to bid on that flying?

Out of the airlines you listed only SWA has slowed down. There's still UAL and Airtran also. As well as a bunch of other's who are better than being stuck at ASA for life.

I'm wondering where all the "growth" is now that we signed a contract. Especially since the contract turns out to have been concessionary in many ways.

During the whole negotiations, company constantly reminded us that every day of negotiations meant more lost growth opportunities. Now, it's been three months since we signed and nothing but crickets chirping? Is it possible that they lied to us? Naw! Never!

Out of the airlines you listed only SWA has slowed down. There's still UAL and Airtran also. As well as a bunch of other's who are better than being stuck at ASA for life.

I guess i have the perception that hiring has sloed. CAL's classes are full till May. DAL/UAL does not do that much hiring do they? I also thought airtran had pulled back, but your right there is better QOL elsewhere.

Spring is coming hiring should rampup I hope.

ASA cancelled 2 training classes...dunno why just heard from the training dpt a few days ago. Maybe sims are full or something. Talked with a skywest crew in IAH and they say that they were shrinkin from 9 planes to 2 or 3 planes in April in ATL. Thought that was interesting to hear.

All the ATR FOs that were awarded the jet/upgrade are still bidding for ATR FO lines for March. One of the FOs tells me that they've been told that the jet training department is well behind on getting the newhires out and onto the line. It's possible that they are just backed up and unable to put any more warm bodies in the front end of the pipeline.

(It's been discussed here ad nauseum, but it appears that they are having problems with some of the new-hires.)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back