• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attrition at ASA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All the ATR FOs that were awarded the jet/upgrade are still bidding for ATR FO lines for March. One of the FOs tells me that they've been told that the jet training department is well behind on getting the newhires out and onto the line. It's possible that they are just backed up and unable to put any more warm bodies in the front end of the pipeline.

(It's been discussed here ad nauseum, but it appears that they are having problems with some of the new-hires.)

Both Captains ans FOs on the ATR are being told that regardless of their jet award and effective date, they can expect not to go to class until mid to late summer.

All the ATR FOs that were awarded the jet/upgrade are still bidding for ATR FO lines for March. One of the FOs tells me that they've been told that the jet training department is well behind on getting the newhires out and onto the line. It's possible that they are just backed up and unable to put any more warm bodies in the front end of the pipeline.

(It's been discussed here ad nauseum, but it appears that they are having problems with some of the new-hires.)

From 2 different RJ instructors, this is true. Not only is the low experience level causing problems getting the students thru, but the instructors are being pressured to push them thru.....The instuctors that have been line pilots longer than they have been instructors are resisting this pressure.....

It may not be politically correct, but the low experience level is catching up to us...... The USAToday article contains some truth.....

Thankfully some of the instructors are succumbing to the political pressure to just "get em thru".......

I didnt understand why some training instructors are being told to go fly the line and choose LT or RT seat for the month of March. They wont be doing IOE but will be flying the line. So if they are backed up then WHY would they tell them to do this?

I didnt understand why some training instructors are being told to go fly the line and choose LT or RT seat for the month of March. They wont be doing IOE but will be flying the line. So if they are backed up then WHY would they tell them to do this?

New contract requires them to fly the line.

Ok so they're having problems, but its not that bad is it? 1 or 2 in every class?

I just talked to a Pinnacle pilot recruiter. She says 3500hrs equals a 6 mo upgrade from the street to left seat.

Thankfully some of the instructors are succumbing to the political pressure to just "get em thru".......

John, what do you mean by this? Did you mean "NOT succumbing"??

Tim

I sincerely hope this is a typo.

.....sorry....left out the "not".....

They are NOT succumbing to the political pressure....

(sometimes the brain thinks faster than the fingers can type)

ASA cancelled 2 training classes...dunno why just heard from the training dpt a few days ago. Maybe sims are full or something. Talked with a skywest crew in IAH and they say that they were shrinkin from 9 planes to 2 or 3 planes in April in ATL. Thought that was interesting to hear.

Cx new hire classes? I seriously doubt it...

From 2 different RJ instructors, this is true. Not only is the low experience level causing problems getting the students thru, but the instructors are being pressured to push them thru.....The instuctors that have been line pilots longer than they have been instructors are resisting this pressure.....

It may not be politically correct, but the low experience level is catching up to us...... The USAToday article contains some truth.....

You are a F***en retard. NO CHECK AIRMEN GETS ANY PRESSURE TO "PUSH THEM THROUGH". PERIOD.

Latest resources

Back