• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attrition at ASA after the bonus?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He is just spreading doom and gloom the best he can...they are mgmnt positions...and RJ's being replaced

JP is not spreading gloom and doom. He just stated what he saw on Fox5 Atlanta. On 11Alive news they said the same thing " Delta is on a hiring freeze". They didn't say but we're still hiring pilots and FA's they said HIRING FREEZE.

701EV

Fox news initially reported Sept 11th was due to a navigational error causing Regional Jets to hit buildings on a clear day. The news babe said, as the second airplane hit, "they are going to have to fix that." No kidding, don't believe Fox's lousy aviation reporting.

Schoolhouse rumors are that the first classes in 2008 will be 35, instead of 25. Delta said they were going to hire 200 in 07 and hired twice that number. Depending on these MD90's, 2008 could see hiring go over the current picture of 600.

It is not all doom & gloom. In the 50 seat debate ASA has the better product in the CRJ, the SkyWest contract which side stepped bankruptcy and the leased RJ's from Delta that Delta did negotiate cheap rates on while at the courthouse.

Delta seems to like having the uncertainty out there, but from the bleachers things look pretty good for ASA going into half time. Things hinge on how SkyWest runs the operation.

Last edited:
JP is not spreading gloom and doom. He just stated what he saw on Fox5 Atlanta. On 11Alive news they said the same thing " Delta is on a hiring freeze". They didn't say but we're still hiring pilots and FA's they said HIRING FREEZE.

701EV

Yeah, typical FI, "shoot the messenger". Ready, Fire, Aim. :rolleyes:

DL owns the ATRs out right=all profit

Delta does NOT own the ATRs. All of them are leased from Antoine Finance Company.

But they still make crazy money for Delta. I was once told we only need to fill 10 seats to break even. We rarely fly with less than 50.

Delta does NOT own the ATRs. All of them are leased from Antoine Finance Company.

But they still make crazy money for Delta. I was once told we only need to fill 10 seats to break even. We rarely fly with less than 50.

I hadn't really thought about it, but I can't really remember the last time that I had less than half of the seats filled. Other than HXD, it seems like nearly every where we go we have greater than 90% of the seats filled on the ATR.

It is not all doom & gloom. In the 50 seat debate ASA has the better product in the CRJ, the SkyWest contract which side stepped bankruptcy and the leased RJ's from Delta that Delta did negotiate cheap rates on while at the courthouse.

Delta seems to like having the uncertainty out there, but from the bleachers things look pretty good for ASA going into half time. Things hinge on how SkyWest runs the operation.[/quote]

I'm not quite sure what you are saying here... is it that ASA has better rates on the 50 seat RJ than SKYW? Other way around?

Latest resources

Back