Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attn. SkyWest pilots. Click here to see naked lady.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

A-V-8

Attn. SkyWest pilots.

O.K. so lots of our guys at Mesa and at least some of your guys have heard what could be a rumor or a fact. I am searching for the truth for us all.

Rumor or Fact: SkyWest has a program that was approved by the FAA last week to transition Mesa pilots onto their certificate with a reduced amount of training than initial training. Like a week of ground and 3 simulator lessons and then IOE.

I am wondering if any of you have seen any type of e-mail or GOM revision that would make this more than a rumor.

Do any of you have anything written from your company of info from your training center about this?

Last edited:
I cannot imagine this is true. A week of ground and three sims is less then we do at ASA just to switch aircraft within the same type, much less company procedures, policies, and who knows what equipment you were on or will be on.

this rumor goes back awhile, but I think it is just that-a rumor.

Nothing was ever released officially from mngmt but something like that was approved I think early spring this year to cut down on the training. I don't know the details but that seems a bit low. I think I heard like 1 week indoc. 2 weeks systems and then half the sim sessions. Not that I think we will be hiring any time soon though....

I cannot imagine this is true. A week of ground and three sims is less then we do at ASA just to switch aircraft within the same type, much less company procedures, policies, and who knows what equipment you were on or will be on.

How on earth can transitioning from a CRJ-200 to a 700 or vice versa take more than 3 sims?

edit: I asked one of my ASA friends. It's 2 sims and a PC. I knew there was something screaming of retardedness in the post i quoted..

Last edited:
O.K. so lots of our guys at Mesa and at least some of your guys have heard what could be a rumor or a fact. I am searching for the truth for us all.

Rumor or Fact: SkyWest has a program that was approved by the FAA last week to transition Mesa pilots onto their certificate with a reduced amount of training than initial training. Like a week of ground and 3 simulator lessons and then IOE.

I am wondering if any of you have seen any type of e-mail or GOM revision that would make this more than a rumor.

Do any of you have anything written from your company of info from your training center about this?

True or not, ASA furloughed pilots should be the first hired at SkyWest!

eP.

True and not true.. They did look at a shorted course about 2 years ago for a event like what you are talking about.. But as it stands now, they say we could take on 30 aircraft without adding pilots.

I've heard that it is true that Skywest has a reduced training program in place already approved by FAA incase Mesa was to instantly go under. Skywest supposedly has an agreement with U.S. Air to take over the flying with very little disruption. The Mesa pilots who got hired by Skywest though would only be SIC qualified with this 2 week shotgun program. The interview would basically be a meet and greet instant job offer and considered a new hire at the bottom of the senority list.

What hasn't been addressed is would Skywest let those new Mesa hires stay in PHX and basically bypassing the bidding process for that new base. I'm sure the Captains would be reserves send there until permanent Captains could be transferred in.

I agree that ASA pilots should get first dibbs on this.

Where is the naked lady?

Latest resources

Back