• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attn: Commutair pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here is a third voice about the company NOT picking up the tab during training. They do give you per diem which will pay half of the hotel cost. So if you double up, you are taken care of. I also second the Days Inn, a little bit less expensive than the Best Western. Also they will give you a small refridgerator and micorwave which helps greatly in food costs.

I recommend staying at the hotel and rooming up with someone, it helps you stay focused and studying.

I was told that if you do not get Albany in your first bid, you should get it within the next one or two. They are really trying to build it up and there is a lot of turnover.

Welcome to Commutair, good luck in class, and see you online!

I stand corrected. Everyone is right, they did not pick up the tab, the per diem covered it. I'm sorry for the wrong info. That is what I ment, the new hire does not have to pay for it, it is covered by the per diem.

Question,

What seem to be the competitive hiring minimums for commutair?
How long did it take to hear back once you filled out the online app?

Thanks

Commutair Interview?

Anybody else get the call for a Commutair interview the week of April 15? Let me know.

>>>In fact, you will make more during training than you ever will as an FO, so enjoy it! <<<

Huh? You will make more per diem, yes, but you will make just as much, if not more in salary. The pay in training is the same as the regular guarantee... And this assumes that you will not fly anything OVER the guarantee. I averaged about 90hrs/mo of pay when I was there, which more than makes up for the per diem. I know that things may very well be different now, but you won't make any LESS than the guarantee.

Unless things have changed, you will also be getting a $2/hr raise after your first 90 days. This, too, makes up for a lot. Something else people don't often think about is that medical insurance is fully covered, so you can chalk that one up as about an additional $1/hr pay, so in the end it's a pretty good deal.

Also... An often overlooked point about the guarantee is that it's 76hrs per BID. This is NOT the same as 76 hours per MONTH, since CommutAir has 13 "months" per year (each bid is 4 weeks, not one calendar month)... This adds up to 988 hours per year. Compare this to a typical 72hr/mo guarantee totalling 864hrs per year... That's a pretty big difference. Like more than two thousand dollars difference at $18/hr.

Just as a f'rinstance, an FO at a company with a 72hr/mo guarantee and a $22/hr guarantee who has to pay $75/mo for his/her share of health insurance will end up making about 18 grand if they only fly their guarantee (per diem not included). A Commutair FO who only flies their guarantee will make nearly as much in that first year, approximately $17,500 (also no per diem, first three months at $16/hr, last nine months at $18/hr).

Throw in your per diem, and you are over 20 grand in both cases.

This is how you can somehow eke out a living on Commutair pay. :)

I.P,

Tough talk from someone who doesn't even work here anymore! Just kidding man.

The "more money in training" I was referring to was salary plus per diem. Yes, when we were going strong with the incentive program I was doing very well. However, nowadays a 90 hr bid is a distant memory. It may start that way again if we put some more planes on line, but for now you'd be hard-pressed to break 76 hrs. PLB F/O's will barely break 60-65 since the trips are very short. I was just looking at my pay stubs from training and I haven't seen a $450 week like that in a long time, so I stand by my statement. How's S.A.?

SuperD

Well...

Whatever would make you think I work THERE? Hmmmm?

:)

Things are good. I certainly won't have to worry about only doing 60hrs/mo.... More like 90-100.

Gotta pass the checkride first!

You've got to respond to your PM's, my friend.

Latest resources

Back