Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attn: Cal pilots...... Scope relief = no vote!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just curious, is there an offer on the table from CAL? If so, what specifically does it say re SCOPE and pay? When was the offer made?
CAL, negotiating in public, offered the "DAL contract" to the CAL pilots via a letter that was also provided to the Wall Street Journal this week. The article is available online and is probably in today's (18th) paper issue.

CAL offered DAL pay rates + $1. The big kicker: CAL pilots enjoy much better scope protection than DAL which would be eliminated if CAL adopted the "DAL contract."

Translation: CAL management has a new trojan horse.

Last edited:
Simply stated, mgt is offering marginally better pay and significantly better work rules in exchange for 500-1000 pilot jobs disappearing after the 500s, 700s, and maybe even some 800s are parked and replaced by 76 seaters flown by Republic. NFW! There will NEVER be a relaxation of Scope outside of BK court to the extent of DAL's. ALPA needs to be proactive with the other employee groups to let them know that if we sign this proposal, with a 20% reduction in the CAL fleet their jobs will be going away too!

As a DAL pilot, I would say ANY scope relief would be bad....... I am sick of seeing over half of our domestic flying being farmed out and seeing CRJ900s and E175s parked at our gates. It has cost DAL tons of jobs.

Hey ***********************************. You can only blame yourself. There never was a RJ larger than 50 seats back in the day. Last time I checked you all Legacy boys voted your careers away with scope relief. Its your own damn fault. Now us regional guys are stuck here, because you all do not have the balls to vote no.

Cal's the only airline that has it right concerning this....and whose greedy, senior pilots have not caved like everyone else has.

And why stop at 50 seat jets? why not 50 seat anything? Who cares if a q400 has props...watch them come out with a 100 seat version of the damn thing. cap it at seats no matter what type

You guys are the majors need to grow some balls and just F'ing call in sick one day. Freaking everyone!! They play hard..its time for us to play hard.. but oh the RLA?? whoopty dooo..im sick and tired of the RLA BS.. CALL in sick and let them know who runs the show!!

Regional pilot hoping for a major job and wants to fly nothing larger then a 50.

F the Q's

Hey ***********************************. You can only blame yourself. There never was a RJ larger than 50 seats back in the day. Last time I checked you all Legacy boys voted your careers away with scope relief. Its your own damn fault. Now us regional guys are stuck here, because you all do not have the balls to vote no.

it wasn't voted away at my carrier it was taken in ch11

How about Congress pass a law that prohibits a carrier to brand itself (code share) with another airline.... Most of the public thinks they purchased a ticket and are riding on a USair, United, CAL, DAL, AA.... etc operated flight.... not a flight operated by another airline.... whatever or whoever that may be...

It would force the mainline carrier to own their regionals again....

Just my .02

V1

There is an easy solution to CAL Management's Scope problem -- CAL pilots allow as many 76/90/however many seat jets to be flown in CAL colors. The catch -- flown by CAL pilots on the CAL contract at the narrow-body (737) payrates. Seems simple to me, but I haven't actually finished my MBA yet, so obviously I must be missing something......

There is an easy solution to CAL Management's Scope problem -- CAL pilots allow as many 76/90/however many seat jets to be flown in CAL colors. The catch -- flown by CAL pilots on the CAL contract at the narrow-body (737) payrates. Seems simple to me, but I haven't actually finished my MBA yet, so obviously I must be missing something......

I agree. Bedford, JO or whoever can buy as many 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700 ect. seaters they want as long as they are flown buy the respective carriers mainline pilots. I don't care who owns the aircraft.

Latest resources

Back