• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attire For Third Day of NJ Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's what I've heard, too, Rez. My thanks to the entire IBB team, including the talented Colonel. :p QOL has risen for many since the new CBA went into effect. This era of peace and prosperity is a good time to launch an independence movement. NJW

That's what I've heard, too, Rez. My thanks to the entire IBB team, including the talented Colonel. :p QOL has risen for many since the new CBA went into effect. This era of peace and prosperity is a good time to launch an independence movement. NJW

There are many great and talented leaders at NJA.

I am a big advocate of a CapHill presence. With the IBT the NJA pilots have that, [I know, I know]. By going INDY, is losing that presence needed? or will the A-team find another methodology to have a voice in DC?

I disagree that the NJ pilots get Washington presence from the IBT -- who sided against them in the user fee issue, it must be noted. Aside from the obvious conflict of interest problem, the Teamsters certainly don't understand frac issues as well as the NJASAP pilots do and they definitely aren't as motivated to make positive changes in our industry. The NJ pilots will do far better keeping all of their dues money and electing an Industry Affairs pilot to serve on the NJASAP Board of Directors. The VP of IA will focus solely on frac interests on CapHill and in other aviation forums.

You lost me on the A-team reference...:confused: That is a term of negative connotation that has nothing to do with the selfless, hardworking NJASAP leaders who are committed to serving the entire pilotgroup--those currently on the seniority list and those who will be joining it in the future.

hmmm.. By A-team I meant those you cited earlier including AV and the Col.!!

How excactly will NJASAP have a DC presence?

From the Bylaws posted at http://njasap.com
"Vice President of Industry Affairs With the consent of the Executive Board, it shall be the duty of the Vice President of Industry Affairs to oversee all research, outreach, and lobbying with regard to aviation industry issues that either directly or indirectly relate to the interests of the Association and its members. This includes a liaison with any Global Trade Association and any other outside organizations, including but not limited to; AFL‐CIO, ALPA, APA, CAPA, , FAA, IBT, IPA, NMB, NTSB, and SWAPA."

As you have noted, Rez, The NJ pilots have some very motivated, talented leaders and volunteers. I'm sure they'll figure it out. Considering that the position has been designed, the NJASAP founders must already have some plans on the drawing board. Since the topic interests you perhaps you'll want to work on that committee? :)

One thing's for sure; they won't be working against the frac industry so that already puts them ahead of the IBT. They'll also have a big chunk of money to work with that they don't have right now. Ample resources applied diligently by industry experts will go much farther toward advocating their causes than anything they get from the Teamsters-- who have neither the expertise nor interest in frac issues.

Background info: during the NJ contract dispute the term "A-Team " was used negatively. That's why I was confused. I agree with you that AV and the Col are both held in high regard.

Rez, the NJASAP leaders invite questions on their website. You can contact them with your questions if my general answer doesn't satisfy your curiosity.
Best Wishes,
NJW

NJW-

So I don't misrepresent... I am not a NJA pilot, although I did stay at a Hitlon property, not a Diamond member and was in CMH yesterday! :)

NJASAP needs a Frac PAC ...... ASAP!

Good luck..... you guys got a good thing over there!!

Thanks for the clarification Rez. That explains the confusion over the term "A-team" which means something very different to NJ pilots.

If you have a stake in the frac industry and want to see common causes promoted, you can still feel free to check out njasap.com and submit your questions and/or comments to the leadership. Everything but the message board is open to the public and there's some interesting information there. The rebuttal to Hoffa's letter is a real eye-opener. Thanks for the compliment and the support. :) NJW

Show up to all interviews like you would show up to work. Doesn't matter if it is the same suit and tie. At work I wear the same dang thing everyday; a blue suit and gold tie. You will never go wrong by wearing a suit and tie to the interview for all three days. Don't worry about wearing the same thing. They see so many people in a day, I would be surprised if they noticed.

P.S. I need more cowbell!

On the first of the three days, is it necessary to wear a suit? Do I understand it that there is no interview, it is simply a travel day? Is there interaction with NJA personnel on the first day, or is it simply going from the airport to the hotel? Thanks.

just a travel day. I still wore nice slacks and a polo to travel with just in case I ran into someone........and I did! You shouldn't see anyone until day two.....

I was hired prior to the new interview format, but you never know who you will run into. Case in point: I was traveling home after work one night through Chicago and was upgraded to first class as usual. I sit down next to a 20 something "kid" who immediately wanted to talk about NetJets. After a few minutes I realized he was an owner!:eek: I am glad that I was professional and didn't blow him off.

Moral of the story. Never assume the person you are talking to is beneath you. He or She may just turn out to be your boss. Or for that matter your captain, but that's a different story.:laugh:

Latest resources

Back