• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attention UAL yes voters!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BULLS#!T What rock have you been living under. It never has and never will honor seniority.

Ummmmm, what? The number 1 guy gets exactly what he wants, as long as vacation doesn't get in the way. The number 2 gets what he wants, unless the number 1 wanted it. Rinse and repeat...... It's not that bad, if you're senior. We also use PBS to bid for recurrent.

Bye Bye----General Lee

10,000 letters of resignation will fully restore control back to the pilots, RLA cannot prevent quitting, when you all recognize that smallsack et al have far more to lose than you do, you will prevail. How many millions does his golden parachute contain? ALPA isn't your problem, it sits in the seat next to you, 67% have the spinal consistency of warm jello. Want a preview of your "new" union, check the Cactus result.
Ansett anyone?

CAL PBS: Number 100 guy gets what he wants, unless number 700 wants it...
Then you must have a complete understanding of how PBS develops the bid results and why that happens.

Go ahead with your explanation. If you want to improve your contract, put the effort where it will do the most good. Blaming PBS is foolish.

(BTW - AWA bought the cheapest PBS available, but it had a pretty decent scheduling section (after C-2004) which is one reason why PBS works for us.)

Depends on the PBS product and they variables in it.

PBS isn't the problem - it's the company's bastardization of it due to their f---ed up staffing levels that makes it lousy. I'm pretty high up in my base and have gone in to "Denial Mode 4" more times than I can count because I asked for some random weekend off but had to do it in a month with either training, vacation, or a holiday. It also holds true for December & January - asked for an arbitrary, non-holiday, weekend off in both months and got neither (again, Denial 4), but plenty of guys junior to me got that time off. Unfortunately, you can't drop a trip and trading is a crap-shoot, so you are left with only one choice...

PBS isn't the problem - it's the company's bastardization of it due to their f---ed up staffing levels that makes it lousy. I'm pretty high up in my base and have gone in to "Denial Mode 4" more times than I can count because I asked for some random weekend off but had to do it in a month with either training, vacation, or a holiday. It also holds true for December & January - asked for an arbitrary, non-holiday, weekend off in both months and got neither (again, Denial 4), but plenty of guys junior to me got that time off. Unfortunately, you can't drop a trip and trading is a crap-shoot, so you are left with only one choice...

I haven't lived under this PBS system for very long but that's probably the best description of LCAL's PBS system. And one of the reasons why I hate PBS and would like to see a return to bidding based on preconstructed lines.

PBS in the hands of benevolent management is acceptable. PBS in the hands of incompetent or pernicious management is a debacle.

I'm junior; I can't even hold a line. Yet I had a 5 day stretch off during Thanksgiving (mon-fri) and have 24 and 25 Dec off. I put in for those days off but I was very surprised that PBS gave them to me.

I think PBS is ok. I never lived under preconstructed lines so I can't compare to that. I understand why people like the preconstructed lines but good luck getting that back. I think you can put that one up there with scope going back to no outsourced flying. Somebody messed those up before I showed up.

ForgedBlade With not being about to hold a certain day or group of days off was that your number one priority? Or did you have other things at a higher priority like no CCS or no 5 day trips or limiting set statements? I'm just curious.

The vacation bid issues should hopefully clear up now that the line construction credit has been increased for the vacation days.

With a few company-induced exceptions, the PBS at CRJ-xjet is awesome. Was on reserve when we got it an am now #5 on different equipment, and like it in both situations. But Ual getting the lcal system has me rethinking applying there.

Latest resources

Back