• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attention UAL yes voters!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've only worked under it for 10 years,that's all. How long have you been using it?

I’ve been operating under this POS PBS as long as you have. If you have been here 10 years and think this PBS system honors seniority you are obviously a senior FO on the 737. Maybe you should grow a pair and upgrade or go to a bigger airplane. Then you will learn how PBS really works!!

PBS is a very generic term. So many variables. Vendor, mods within the vendor. Specifications by the customer. Contract work rules and staffing are huge determining factors. To say you have worked under PBS is not bad is like saying I've tasted the water.....it isn't bad. Which well are you drinking from?

Completely ignorant. The reason our PBS sucked during contract 02 had nothing to do with our PBS program. It had everything to so with no work rules, no rule set for the program to follow. Our PBS program is superior to what UAL currently uses. Their work rules and rule set far exceeded ours. May be you can study the contract now that it passed. No fly now and grieve later. No Its called "order to fly", learn the contract. Or you can just continue with your ignorance doesn't matter to me. Maybe you might want to contact EAP for your anger management issues!

Hey Jayson how about you resign, and start working under said contract seeing how you supported it. Say goodbye to your family (not that they want to see a sellout anyway) because it isn't going to get better. f you! YES F you! Hope you get everything coming ten fold.

Hey Jayson how about you resign, and start working under said contract seeing how you supported it. Say goodbye to your family (not that they want to see a sellout anyway) because it isn't going to get better. f you! YES F you! Hope you get everything coming ten fold.

Wow, this guy flies our families in airliners???? Can you say anger management?

A little venting is good for the soul.

That seems reasonable, since pressure relief valves do prevent boiler explosions.
Some academic studies, however, indicate that humans behave differently:

http://illinois.edu/lb/files/2009/03/26/9293.pdf

Summary sentences from abstract:
"Doing nothing at all was more effective than venting anger. These results directly contradict catharsis theory."

I beleive the management rights language that was in the old CAL contract (the language that is now gone) was tied to Texas law and were an equal part of the reason that when lorenzo got a hold of CAL, he moved them out of California. (not just right to work/hire replacement workers. Something more) This CAL mgt team has zero experience running an airline apart from those rights.

We need to:

learn our new agreement and fly it to the letter

Try to get thru SLI quickly. New list comes out, don't look at the old one ever again

Get rid of ALPA

What jeff will be doing:

Schemeing another strategic bk. Somehow we need to attack that strategy.

Last edited:

10,000 letters of resignation will fully restore control back to the pilots, RLA cannot prevent quitting, when you all recognize that smallsack et al have far more to lose than you do, you will prevail. How many millions does his golden parachute contain? ALPA isn't your problem, it sits in the seat next to you, 67% have the spinal consistency of warm jello. Want a preview of your "new" union, check the Cactus result.

I beleive the management rights language that was in the old CAL contract (the language that is now gone) was tied to Texas law and were an equal part of the reason that when lorenzo got a hold of CAL, he moved them out of California. (not just right to work/hire replacement workers. Something more) This CAL mgt team has zero experience running an airline apart from those rights.

We need to:

learn our new agreement and fly it to the letter

Try to get thru SLI quickly. New list comes out, don't look at the old one ever again

Get rid of ALPA

What jeff will be doing:

Well said.

Latest resources

Back