• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attention Pdt Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
December ought to be fun for yall. Everyone will wait until they know they are ok to call in sick, and whammo, the 4 day sick calls start rolling in at the end of the year.

It is a rolling 12months.
Maybe this will get our pilot group to sit up and help us get a contract that we can live with, And stop this stupid bickering among us.
Grow some back bones, No waivers no favors!!:angryfire

Watch out for bugs in yer precious Au Bon Pain sandwich. Apparently they don't wash their lettuce...............

We got too many people that just "do their job and go home", and let themselves get abused and walked on because they don't want to make waves.

I watched a couple of those guys get good and pissed about various things. One even pulled the parking brake on over some of SBY's garbage. It IS possible to get those guys fired up. Don't ask me how to do it, but it can happen.... Maybe this occurrence garbage will help.

Gotta wonder what PJ thinks (not the FA.....).

In all honesty, with the way I call in sick, the new policy is better for me. There is no incentive to call in well for a trip, even when you are well.

The language is scary though.

Without looking it up, my memory is that the LOA regarding sick leave is that the company is only required to give the association 30 days notice of any proposed change. There is nothing in the policy, other than the accrual rate that is negotiated.

We knew this was coming. The company notified ALPA of the change several months ago. The only thing that was uncertain was, how will the change from "trip" to "days" will be handled.

you are correct. The company gave notice, the association aired their concerns, and we heard nothing, until the policy was put in place. Like the "best efforts" used elsewhere in the contract (rj's junior man) it is toothless wording. I, for one, will not approved and new contract with terms that do not spell out consequences.

Latest resources

Back