Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attention newhire SkyWest pilots: You can talk to ASA pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So I guess it's fair to say those 900's were never "yours" since they were never on property. ASA never bought them.

Uh- they were "ours". Hence the EV "N" number that many once had. We had the order in and they were being manufactured for ASA when SkyWest hijacked our airline. Your lower 70/76 rates took our airplanes- it's how the whip saw works. They waved the airplanes in front of ASA pilots and threatened to pull them away if we didn't accept the, then concessionary, contract. We told them to stuff it, and then you guys jumped on the first pay proposal handed to you by management in exchange for growth.

It still makes me laugh to see the 35th anniversary aircraft in SkyWest livery- an airplane you wouldn't be flying if it weren't for us.

Uh- they were "ours". Hence the EV "N" number that many once had. We had the order in and they were being manufactured for ASA when SkyWest hijacked our airline. Your lower 70/76 rates took our airplanes- it's how the whip saw works. They waved the airplanes in front of ASA pilots and threatened to pull them away if we didn't accept the, then concessionary, contract. We told them to stuff it, and then you guys jumped on the first pay proposal handed to you by management in exchange for growth.

It still makes me laugh to see the 35th anniversary aircraft in SkyWest livery- an airplane you wouldn't be flying if it weren't for us.

For the 10th time I don't work for SkyWest. Since we're on the topic of laughing, You're the one that flew struck work. Why didn't you tell them to "stuff it"? What you did is the ultimate whipsaw!

Still - on point with this thread. Why do the SkyWest pilots avoid ASA pilots? New hires are usually friendly and looking for gouge. SkyWest new hires don't fit the typical airline new hire (whether it is SWA, AAI, or DAL). We are curious, why the difference? What are they telling their new hires to scare them?

After all, we used to fly a good percentage of SkyWest's airplanes. If they have a question, we could probably help - since we put the first several thousand hours on the jets.

Oh' what ASA used to be. Anyone remember the magazine covers, all the airticles about first to operate .... kind of amazing, isn't it?
Its simple, in past times the typical airline interview was a personality test, "do I want to sit next to this guy for 4 days at a time, or would I be willing to sit next to this guy for 8 hours a day?". Most guys/gals came to the "job" with quite a bit more experience than minimums. Today guys/gals who wouldn't even get to the interview are being offered jobs at the interview, having passed by the virtue of 1) showing up with minimums, 2) having a heartbeat, 3) ability to fog a mirror. I have personally flown with some of these newhires, otherwise known as social retards, makes for a long 4 day trip. For the first time in a long time and with much greater frequency, I have been turning the intercom off in cruise and staring at the sun! Skywest is no longer attracting the high quality applicant that it had in the past, don't get me wrong there are some cool qualified people coming on line, there are also plenty of the aforementioned social retards coming online too. Bottom line, dont' take it personal, I dont want your job or airframes, I don't even want my job anymore.
PBR

So I guess it's fair to say those 900's were never "yours" since they were never on property. ASA never bought them.
yep. I'd say that was a fair statement. I do konw this though: had you guys not agreed to fly them at sub-par rates, they'd have been ASA's in ATL. It's ok though. He who laughs last, laughs loudest and Skywests time in the barrel will come.

I've never seen a 900 with an EV number. The ones I've seen all have SK.

Tomclit, you are just one angry, upset shell of a person, you wouldn't be happy if you were miserable.

Quit trying to be a pilot, it's not you.

CCLIT...just keep drinking that JA Kool-Aid! Man O Man is it going to be funny when JA turns the beatin stick on ya'll and you....aaaahhhh....try......to.....oh yeah....VOTE:laugh::laugh: on something! Don't worry, it's a comin. Hope you have a Large tub of vaseline!:eek::bawling:

8 pages minimum........

Do you really think Skywest is the only airline that has Mormons?

Well, no, there are moro...oh, sorry, you said Mormons, never mind.

Latest resources

Back