Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attention newhire SkyWest pilots: You can talk to ASA pilots!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
(Yes, Mormons do swear on occasion just like everyone else)

Everyone else doesn't.. and to say that all Mormons do, just because you do, isn't really fair to the rest of the tribe nor is it true, now is it?

For the 10th time I don't work for SkyWest. Since we're on the topic of laughing, You're the one that flew struck work. Why didn't you tell them to "stuff it"? What you did is the ultimate whipsaw!

That pesky cat must have VeeOnes tongue also!

MELit,

ASA is always at "war" with someone because ALPA failed to give ASA pilots the same representational rights as other members who's airlines were acquired.

ASA was at the very front lines of the alter ego airline explosion (along with the US Air Wholly Owned's and a few airlines that no longer exist after having lost their "wars").

By being early adopters, ASA and Comair got the most early; and have gotten the most taken away from them as their companies gain longevity. Junior Captains have two years' seniority at SkyWest. At ASA there are many getting 9 year pay who can't hold weekends off.

In a no brand alter ego world the union must make its first priority job protection. However, "scope" is not as sexy a topic as "pay rates" - so the politicians in ALPA do what resonates (anyone against higher pay?) while not emphasizing enough the necessary, responsible, task of job protections.

ASA has an excellent opportunity to fix what is in their control to fix. The SkyWest pilots have zero job protections (even worse than ASA pilots). It will be an interesting couple of months to be sure.

I love flying and enjoy my crews and my work at ASA. ALPA's failure to provide the ASA pilots (and regional pilots in general) with the same representation provided to mainline pilots will almost certainly result in the loss of a career I've loved and sacrificed for in the next several months. Sure, I will make (a lot) more money at my next job, but I will always look up when I hear a CF34 go overhead and miss those easy to grease on trailing link gear.

And guys, we need to look at this piloting profession as a "career." No one should pass over the rights of a pilot in the right seat of a Beech 1900, or left seat of a Caravan.

and ASA never flew struck work. Nobody did. Even Delta did not. That is why the strike was effective to the tune of $335,000,000 per pilot.

Last edited:
MELit,

ASA is always at "war" with someone because ALPA failed to give ASA pilots the same representational rights as other members who's airlines were acquired.

ASA was at the very front lines of the alter ego airline explosion (along with the US Air Wholly Owned's and a few airlines that no longer exist after having lost their "wars").

By being early adopters, ASA and Comair got the most early; and have gotten the most taken away from them as their companies gain longevity. Junior Captains have two years' seniority at SkyWest. At ASA there are many getting 9 year pay who can't hold weekends off.

In a no brand alter ego world the union must make its first priority job protection. However, "scope" is not as sexy a topic as "pay rates" - so the politicians in ALPA do what resonates (anyone against higher pay?) while not emphasizing enough the necessary, responsible, task of job protections.

ASA has an excellent opportunity to fix what is in their control to fix. The SkyWest pilots have zero job protections (even worse than ASA pilots). It will be an interesting couple of months to be sure.

I love flying and enjoy my crews and my work at ASA. ALPA's failure to provide the ASA pilots (and regional pilots in general) with the same representation provided to mainline pilots will almost certainly result in the loss of a career I've loved and sacrificed for in the next several months. Sure, I will make (a lot) more money at my next job, but I will always look up when I hear a CF34 go overhead and miss those easy to grease on trailing link gear.

And guys, we need to look at this piloting profession as a "career." No one should pass over the rights of a pilot in the right seat of a Beech 1900, or left seat of a Caravan.

and ASA never flew struck work. Nobody did. Even Delta did not. That is why the strike was effective to the tune of $335,000,000 per pilot.

I beg to differ. Struck work was flown by ASA in Comair equipment. Just plain facts.Look back a few pages, ohplease ASA pilot agrees.

Latest resources

Back