Attention ************************* haters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yank McCobb said:
Regional pilot chest thumpers that think they are making a difference. All they are making is jackasses out of themselves.

Go get 'em.

While you're at it, REALLY make a difference. Deny a few jumpseats. Call 'em "scabs". Act like you are all that and then some. Pretend not to notice while people are laughing at you.

OMG! For once I agree with Yank!

This is a safety issue as well.

BTW Yank, does that mean you won't ever deny me a jumpseat even though you hate me?

Yank McCobb said:
I just find it very amusing that the very ones screaming the loudest have been doing the same thing for years. Regional airlines in general, growing at the expense of mainlines, being crewed by no shortage of pilots willing to work for minimum wage. TSA in particular, doing an end-run around AA's scope. I guess it's always different when someone is shoving it up your OWN ass than it is when YOU are doing the shoving, eh???:rolleyes:

Apparently you have no idea what we are dealing with.....and we actually voted down putting up with the companies BS. Don't try to pull your weight around with your 18,000 hrs. If this bothers you so much, stop trolling around the "regional" Forum.

"TSA in particular" ...........what does that mean? Some of us were hired here a long time ago, back when things were the way they should be. We are trying to make things better.

Believe me when I say that it is not just TSA pilots blocking transmissions. Also believe me when I say that I think it's a BS tactic and childish. But I don't understand how you can put down our pilot group and think you have the "knowledge" to tell us what to do.

Some of us started at the regionals thinking it would be a "stepping stone" to the majors............well, we all know what has transpired since then. Now we have to work with what we've got.

I'm not trying to insult you, but you've made me angry by your ignorant post. If you have a solution for us..............please share it.

Trust me, this pilot group will not just "settle" for a sub-standard deal.

Fly safe.

SBD-2U3 said:
Tell us all again where the American connection came from? Airframes from where?

Remember the excuses when that happened?

"Don't blame us, blame management. We don't choose what airplanes and codeshares to fly."

"But it was legal after all. You lost your case in court."

"You and the APA should have been more careful writing your contract."

Does this explain why so many Eagle pilots went to GJ perhaps?
The difference is that Eagle pilots never ignited a jumpseat war, called unionized pilots "scabs" or blocked ATC transmissions.

fuelflow said:
Remember the excuses when that happened?

"Don't blame us, blame management. We don't choose what airplanes and codeshares to fly."

"But it was legal after all. You lost your case in court."

"You and the APA should have been more careful writing your contract."

Does this explain why so many Eagle pilots went to GJ perhaps?
The difference is that Eagle pilots never ignited a jumpseat war, called unionized pilots "scabs" or blocked ATC transmissions.
The TSA MEC stood by the EGL MEC during their arbitration and even joined the EGL pilots during informational picketing. Most TSA pilots agree that the 10 EMB that came from EGL should go back.

There is no way you can compare GJ with the TSA/EGL debacle. The guys going to GJ know what they're getting into. They know that GJ is a run-around the TSA CBA. There is no way you can justify that to at least 90% of the unionized pilot group in this country.

The GJ pilots DO CHOOSE what airplanes and codeshares they fly.

Dizel8 said:
To: All Flight Crewmembers
Re: Radio Etiquette

It has come to my attention that we may have some pilots intentionally blocking the radio transmitions of ***** Airlines and in some cases making off-colored comments to ***** crewmembers over the radio.
ORD and STL ATC personnel have filed a formal complaint against Trans States Airlines with the Federal Aviation Administration, Dept of Homeland Security, Dept of Transportation, Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the Federal Comunnications Commission.
The Complaint alleges that TSA pilots are jeopardizing the safety of ***** aircraft, it's crew and passengers. Laws enacted after the tragic events of 9/11 makes it a federal crime to interfere with a crewmember....
...Mike White-Director of Operations
Anybody ever hear of the USA PATRIOT ACT?

Keying the mike to disrupt communications, is the same as shining a laser at airplanes. Hear me now and believe me later when they catch one of you guys. And here's the kicker, crime rates have dropped so much over the last 12 years that prosecutors are just begging to nail people with some of these new expanded police power laws in order to justify their jobs and their new tools.

http://www.dailyrecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051005/UPDATES01/510050356

10/5/05 - Posted from the Daily Record newsroom
Trial date set for Parsippany man accused of shining a laser at aircraft
David W. Banach, the Parsippany man charged under the federal Patriot Act for allegedly shining a hand-held laser at two aircrafts last winter, is scheduled to go on trial Nov. 28 in Newark.

Jury selection in the nationally-publicized case is expected to start Nov. 21, the deputy clerk for U.S. District Judge John Lifland said on Wednesday.

Banach, 38, faces up to 20 years in prison on one count under Section 1993 of the Patriot Act, which prohibits "terrorist attacks and other acts of violence against mass transportation systems"-- though prosecutors concede he is not a terrorist.
He also faces up to 10 years in prison on two counts of making false statements to law enforcement officers after federal, state and local authorities stormed his home on New Year's Eve and interrogated him.

Banach, who was indicted in March, has pleaded innocent to all charges.

"We're looking forward to presenting his defense," Ashley Witney, assistant to Banach's attorney, Gina Mendola Longarzo, said on Wednesday afternoon.

A spokesman for U.S. Attorney Christopher Christie did not immediately return a phone call.

Lifland, in a ruling Sept. 15, denied Longarzo's motion to throw out the main charge. The judge said that while the Patriot Act was adopted in response to the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, nothing in its language or legislative history in Congress appeared to prohibit its use against non-terrorist defendants.

Lawrence S. Lustberg of Chatham, who filed a defense brief on behalf of the Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers of New Jersey, argued in court three weeks ago that Banach was at worst guilty of a "prank" that should have been addressed under state laws against criminal mischief.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Christopher Gramiccioni countered that only the law's language, not what prompted it, was relevant. He noted that the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, or RICO, was adopted in response to organized crime but later was used to prosecute a wide range of criminal defendants.

Authorities claim that Banach pointed a green, hand-held laser into a charter aircraft that was en route to Teterboro Airport on Dec. 29, temporarily blinding both pilots.

Two days later, one of the pilots returned to the same skies in a Port Authority helicopter with law enforcement officers to try to locate the laser's source.

While circling overhead, the helicopter was struck with a similar laser beam, authorities said. A crew member shined a spotlight on Banach's house and authorities stormed the home.

Longarzo has said that Banach and one of his daughters were directing the laser pointer into the sky that night, and they didn't realize that it posed any hazard to aircraft.

Prior to his arrest, Banach lived a very quiet life, friends and family said at a $100-a-plate fundraiser for his legal defense in July. He was content to go fishing on weekends, help out with his daughters' Girl Scout activities and collect various gadgets.

Everything changed, they said, with his arrest and the national news it generated. Banach, a fiber optic cable installer, said he had been unable to find work.

What a wonderful industry....Where the hell did our industry go wrong? Where did we go from Ernest Gann and "Fate is the Hunter" to this?

Well, we may all be childish and immature, but at least half of us aren't dying like in those wistful days of "Fate is the Hunter".

Intentionally blocking transmissions, for what ever the reason, is completly wrong.

How are you guys going to feel when one of your buddies gets killed in a mid air or runway collision because of it?

Just stupid, plain stupid for someone to do something like that. I have no dog in the G-J fight, other than the normal Pro Pilot concerns about the furure of the career. However there is a limit to my sympathy when the actions of you "Crusaders" starts to affect the safety of the aircraft flying around you.

Latest resources

Back