Attention ************************* haters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
meatwallet said:
So does one of the moderators work for G O J E T S ? Why else is it censored?
Probably for the same reason that copraphasic dog Bonno can't say [radio edit] on television again.

Why am I not surprised that the former Eagle planes have been brought up again. Those ten airplanes had to be removed from the Eagle fleet due to scope restrictions with the APA. In order for Eagle to take delivery of NEW aircraft they first had to remove current aircraft. They were offered to Trans States who then placed them into service at American Connection. What if they had been painted in US airways Express colors and the USAEX a/c painted in American Connection livery would that have made a difference. This has nothing to do with *************************S. The current APA scope clause prevents Trans States from flying 70 seaters for ANY code share not just American. This is what we were told by management, "you can not fly the 70 seaters for anybody." Then they came back and said "well, actually, you can fly them if you agree to a 4 year contract extention with 1.5% cola." Wait I thought you said we could not fly those a/c. This pilot group said no, that is too much to give for that flying, now we wait for the next offer. I have no problem with scope, what I do have a problem with is the APA telling pilots at Trans States what a/c they can not fly for OTHER code shares. They gave TSA management their excuse for creating the alter ego in the first place. The pilots at TSA do not have a problem with the requirement that 5 entry level positions must be offered to current United pilots who have up to this point refused to apply at *************************S and are standing next to us with fight against the alter ego carrier. If you want to really get technical the former Eagle planes are now flying former TWA routes and lets not forget who is making the payments on those a/c, Trans States, not Eagle.

Hmm, those 10 Eagle planes you mention are being flown by TSA pilots on former TWA (now AA) feeder routes. But yet in our contract it said that Eagle would do all the feeder flying for AA. Interesting how our "agreement" wasn't worth the paper it was printed on. How can you honestly think things are going to be any different for you at TSA?

Get over it. Move on. Be glad you are getting to fly at all. Your fellow pilots aren't you enemy... budget-conscious management is.

Last edited:
Yank McCobb said:
Regional pilot chest thumpers that think they are making a difference. All they are making is jackasses out of themselves.

Go get 'em.

While you're at it, REALLY make a difference. Deny a few jumpseats. Call 'em "scabs". Act like you are all that and then some. Pretend not to notice while people are laughing at you.

Mid 80's CAL pilot are ya?

if u go into ord or some other busy airport, people step on each other all the time and the memo said that they can be jailed or worse. yea i know people are doin it to the gateway fokkers and it's not just the TSA guys.

aviatornick said:
if u go into ord or some other busy airport, people step on each other all the time and the memo said that they can be jailed or worse. yea i know people are doin it to the gateway fokkers and it's not just the TSA guys.
Wouldn't it be a shame that expansion of federal police powers would net some poor schmuck on a "patriot act" charge?

medic&cfi said:
They know that GJ is a run-around the TSA CBA. There is no way you can justify that to at least 90% of the unionized pilot group in this country.

Its perfectly legal though! No company policies are being violated! The company handbook doesnt say anything against starting alter e-gos. The Go-jets guys are company loyal pilots in my eyes. If anybody so much as makes a unahppy face to one of those pilots they will be fired immmediately for breaking company intimidation pilocys. Oh wait.. This isnt my company... $hit. TSA is coming for me! Are those chickens I hear???

medic&cfi said:
The TSA MEC stood by the EGL MEC during their arbitration and even joined the EGL pilots during informational picketing. Most TSA pilots agree that the 10 EMB that came from EGL should go back.

Right, the TSA pilots were acutely aware of the lost flying for Eagle pilots that "American Corruption" represented. :rolleyes:

At the height of our fight against outsourcing of our flying to TSA and Chautaqua, I came out to the airport early one morning to discover that the last inbound TSA crew the previous night had clipped promotional American Connection buttons saying 'RelAAx' to the Saab's chart holders (one of our rampers saw them). Evidently these pilots were trying to make the point that their company flying our passengers around was no big deal, and we shouldn't worry about it. I came close to waiting for them with the Police when they arrived from the hotel, and inviting them to stay the f*ck off our airplanes.

TSA pilots looking for sympathy over the G*jet situation should include a little self-reflection. Taking another pilot's job- under any situation- always has future consequences, and the 'just following orders' argument only goes so far. I wish TSA pilots the best of luck in fighting G*jets, even though they are at this minute flying American Eagle passengers around in American Eagle-owned aircraft.

I don't personally see any distinction between an American Connection aircraft and a G*jets aircraft, but I suppose your opinion is always colored by the impact to your own career. Relax indeed.

EagleRJ said:
Right, the TSA pilots were acutely aware of the lost flying for Eagle pilots that "American Corruption" represented. :rolleyes:

At the height of our fight against outsourcing of our flying to TSA and Chautaqua, I came out to the airport early one morning to discover that the last inbound TSA crew the previous night had clipped promotional American Connection buttons saying 'RelAAx' to the Saab's chart holders (one of our rampers saw them). Evidently these pilots were trying to make the point that their company flying our passengers around was no big deal, and we shouldn't worry about it. I came close to waiting for them with the Police when they arrived from the hotel, and inviting them to stay the f*ck off our airplanes.

TSA pilots looking for sympathy over the G*jet situation should include a little self-reflection. Taking another pilot's job- under any situation- always has future consequences, and the 'just following orders' argument only goes so far. I wish TSA pilots the best of luck in fighting G*jets, even though they are at this minute flying American Eagle passengers around in American Eagle-owned aircraft.

I don't personally see any distinction between an American Connection aircraft and a G*jets aircraft, but I suppose your opinion is always colored by the impact to your own career. Relax indeed.

You are a liar.

Latest resources

Back