• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attention Former MESA Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyway, the amount of money that they have kept from me (my last pay check, my vacation time, and boatloads of sick time) more than covers the small amount left on my captains training note.

For you folks ripping Twotter Driver for not honoring his side of the deal, there it is, plain as days as well.

If they did indeed hold back his last paycheck, didn't pay him for his vacation time, and it covered what was left of his training note then what more do you expect from him?

Read s-l-o-w-l-y.

What part of English do you guys have trouble understanding? Other than mistyping "then" when he meant "them", Sawmill's posting is a plain as day.

Read s-l-o-w-l-y.
Still did not help.

Ive been gone for just over 13 months now and I havent received anything. Dont sign for it and they will return to sender.

I still work at Mesa and received a letter too. I did not open it and am now very confused. I have been getting a paycheck for the past month but have not been called once on reserve. I should look into this.

Just a quick heads up for you former Mesa guys and gals. I got a note on my door today from the postman regarding a certified letter I have to sign for from MESA. Haven't picked it up yet, but word on the street is that they are going after those of us who left without paying off our training note.
I have been gone from Mesa for almost a year and thought that I had closed that horrible chapter in my life. Anyway, the amount of money that they have kept from me (my last pay check, my vacation time, and boatloads of sick time) more than covers the small amount left on my captains training note.
WTF over?? Are they that desperate for money? Any one else out there get this letter? Did you pay up? I'm not planning on it!

Did you sign that contract? It's 2 seperate issues the matter of what they owe you and what you signed for. Sounds like you screwed yourself.

SMACKTARD- Note was required to be signed at the start of class. No sign, no upgrade. It is good for 12 months. I left at 10 months. Amount remaining = 2 months. I repeat - - they kept my last paycheck, plus 2 weeks vacation, this amount more than covers the two months remaining. If I wanted to fight it, they would owe me money. I have been gone for quite a while now and want nothing to do with the place anymore! I thought that when they kept my last paycheck and vacation bank I was done with it. I'm not going to pick up the letter but if the continue to hound me about it, I will put up a fight and I will win!

Not really. They are two separate, actionable items. If they sue you, no civil court in this country will accept "but I claim they owe me this money over here." All they will look at is: 1. did you sign the contract 2. did you complete the term of the contract. Hate to say it, but over the years I have seen it happen to pilots. Most airlines just do it for show. Some will trash your credit and take it to a collection agency (Shuttle America, 2003-4). Some will file suit. Burying your head in the sand by not picking up the letter does not preserve your rights. If they sue you and you ignore that too they will be issued a summary judgement. That means you lose without anyone hearing your side of things.

If they owe you money, run, don't walk, to an employment attorney and pursue the matter. There are significant penalties to companies who do what you are alleging. You will help yourself and others by not letting them fanny-rape you.

Just remember they are two separate issues. Getting yours out first might help with the second--which, from what it sounds like, you owe them money off your training contract.

My initial point: DON'T SIGN THESE THINGS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Get a real job with a real employer. Easy hire and fast upgrade? Now you know why. There are no free rides.

f_ck mesa and all the people that work there, i am so sick of people saying they need to feed their family or put a roof of the heads, Last time i checked you could make more money at ANY other airline, and be treated well, whats with these people joining these crappy airlines.

f_ck mesa and all the people that work there, i am so sick of people saying they need to feed their family or put a roof of the heads, Last time i checked you could make more money at ANY other airline, and be treated well, whats with these people joining these crappy airlines.

whatever you say almighty perfect pilot career dude...

just read Twotter's previous post. He was lucky to be picked up by any one at all in 2003. He would've been lucky to be picked up by Great Lakes then.

But, I am sure you know that oh perfect one. In fact, I am certain that you waited 2 years to go to perfect Piedmont. Seeing that you are an all knowing wise one that had tons of hours and interviews in '03.

Trust me when I say this, no one hates mesa more than it's current or former employees.

You will find nothing but allies at mesa when it comes to the "mesa sucks" issue.

Last edited:
As far as them not paying your last paycheck, I've heard that happened to a lot of people. AZ state law requires them to pay by the next pay period. You can file with the AZ state labor board and they will take steps to get your final check. The AZ BBB has the number to call. Or you can file with the courts and get up to 3X what your final check would have been.

Latest resources

Back