• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attention Former Jetblue Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm a little slow, so bear with me. What's this "lawsuit" about? Not getting a Cost of living Adjustment due to inflation? I left there 1Q07, am I "eligible"?

This guys nuts!!

Pipejockey, were you referring to my greatly admired testicles, or were you simply punctuationally inept?

BTW, I never said we pilots "make too much." I did say that greed motivates this move. I think it is an accurate assessment. Nope, I'm not in management, nor do I have a comfy committee income. You may try to malign my motives on some other basis.

Fact: You guys are certainly within your rights to file for mediation and subsequently arbitration. I just won't join you.

My take: The company clearly placed 3A in the PEA to protect the new hires. You guys are taking advantage of a nebulously worded sentence to either:
a. "Stick it to the man" for past transgressions, real and perceived, or
b. hopefully make some fast money, or
c. a combination of the two.

JetBlue has not lived by it's own core values in several cases. In other examples, they've done a pretty good job. Just like any corporation, we've got our problems. Just because the company has not always done the right thing does not mean that I must follow suit. Ethically (or rationally) I can not support this action.

FNG, your COLA drum has been booming for years now. OK, I get it, and it's a real problem. But please don't use the loss of real income due to inflation as a half-baked excuse for joining this action. You simply want a shot at gaining a pot of money based on a contract language mistake. That's fine for you...really.

Just not for me.

You simply want a shot at gaining a pot of money based on a contract language mistake.

Are you kidding? Wow.

"Hey JetBlue management, I know you made a mistake when you wrote the contract. Don't worry, I forgive you."

Since when has holding JB to our contract become a greedy endeavor?

... nebulously worded sentence ...

Yep, a law firm was willing to work for us because of a "nebulously worded sentence".

I'm no legal expert, but my gut feeling is that they are onboard because they see the potential upside as being very real, i.e. this sentence isn't as nebulous as you make it out to be.

Who knows. Only time will tell.

Yep, a law firm was willing to work for us because of a "nebulously worded sentence".

Exactly right. They are willing to work for you. They smell money...

...too bad it's money from the pilot's who signed up.

Chef, do you honestly...and I mean honestly...think that the whole 3A action is not trying to take advantage of a loophole?

Chef, do you honestly...and I mean honestly...think that the whole 3A action is not trying to take advantage of a loophole?

Please, internet minions, let that one soak in.

A loophole in a legally binding contract between two parties, one of which had no say in its creation -- wow.

Listen Colonel, which part of YOUR contract are you willing to leave unenforced?

What exactly do YOU have to lose by trying to have YOUR contract enforced the way it was written?

Gotta agree with the greed angle. I do find it ironic however that the majority of pilots pushing this issue forward were supporters of JBPA. Sorry, but this whole issue reeks of revenge for an election lost...by a wide margin. Get over it.

Sorry, but this whole issue reeks of revenge for an election lost...by a wide margin. Get over it.

I'm notching out of this futile waste of time. Anyone that chooses to dispute this section of your contract as a loophole that the company should fix to prevent them from future damages, then by all means do it. Or should you choose to demand that the company enforce your contract as written, well that's fine too.

Either way, no one should pass judgement on pilots with individual contracts (to include me in previous posts). They must address their own contract individually, and without prejudice from their peers.

Again, only time will tell if this pursuit will bear fruit.

Latest resources

Back