• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attention Former Jetblue Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Chef some of these replies have to be flamebait because no rational human being could actually have that mentality.

Here is another angle on this contract that WAS written by management and agreed to by pilots

Lets just say that the company OVERPAID you for some reason or another for three years and as a senior FO on the bus you were overpaid $35,000-$40,000. Maybe it was an oversight maybe an error. If they discovered that error do you think that the comapny would just let it slide because expecting your reimbursement was greedy?

Absa********************inglutely you would be dragged out on the carpet and gutted on top of the altar and fired if for some reason you didnt get canned your pay would immediately be gutted for repayment.

I didnt sign YET but I can guarantee you that if the comapny expects me to uphold my side of the contract then they to are accountable.

A loophole in a legally binding contract between two parties, one of which had no say in its creation -- wow.

Ahh, good. Then we both agree that this is a loophole.

Now all we are debating is the motivation behind your filing. Again, I support your right to file for a judgement...I just don't agree with the action.

Ahh, good. Then we both agree that this is a loophole.

Now all we are debating is the motivation behind your filing. Again, I support your right to file for a judgement...I just don't agree with the action.

Huh? Did I agree? Nope.

Motivation? How do you know my motivation? And why should you care? I have my own individual contract with JetBlue. Do you doubt the motivation of all our management pilots working for 90 hour guarantees on flex time so they can avoid crappy lines or CA reserve on the bus?

Hell no! They just negotiated a better contract.

I'm not debating anything.

Huh? Did I agree? Nope.

Motivation? How do you know my motivation? And why should you care?

Gee, you are all over the place, Chef...

First you describe the loophole as a binding contract between two parties, one of which...well, you know the rest. You wrote it.

Then you say that you don't agree with what you wrote.

Sorry...I guess I don't get your point.

I threw out my old JetBlue "contract" a while ago. Someone please enlighten me what section 3A was about? And can we be a little more vague about this please? What exactly are you guys fighting for here?

Gotta agree with the greed angle. I do find it ironic however that the majority of pilots pushing this issue forward were supporters of JBPA. Sorry, but this whole issue reeks of revenge for an election lost...by a wide margin. Get over it.

Funny, the two WRC members who retained the law firm are BoBs.

Nice try...

I threw out my old JetBlue "contract" a while ago. Someone please enlighten me what section 3A was about? And can we be a little more vague about this please? What exactly are you guys fighting for here?
Basically when the company gave raises to newly hired pilots of XX.X% percentage the contact either does or does not require (depends who you ask) all pilots base rate to be raised by the same percentage.

Yikes...

You mean the raise you guys just got a few months ago? How would this have anything to do with me (a pilot who left Jetblue in 2007)?

Here is what the section says:

3a.
Base Salary. The Pilot will be compensated as set forth in the Addendum A of this Agreement which is incorporated herein by reference. If at any time during the life of this Agreement the Airline increases the base salary it pays to newly-hired pilots performing duties either as Captain or First Officers, the Pilot’s base salary shall be adjusted be the same percentage as the increase in base salary.

You mean the raise you guys just got a few months ago? How would this have anything to do with me (a pilot who left Jetblue in 2007)?

They gave a 26% raise to first year pilots in early 2007 and they didn't adjust the rest of the pay scales.

The way I understand it, if you were on anything other than first year pay, you are eligible.

You need to e-mail Cassamento for a password to the site. It explains everything in great detail.

Latest resources

Back