• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attention: Conservative Obsessive Captains

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What you have said is exactly what I think and feel. My cousin signed the dotted line because he loves his country, and to give his family a chance they otherwise won't have. He isn't wealthy, has a wife and a kid. The Army is the best avenue available to him and his family at the present moment in time. So he is going back to Iraq...putting his life on the line for his country and his family. There is a very good chance (like with any other soldier) that he won't come back...he isn't complaining, but is scared. Scared he won't see his kid again...and for what?? Freedom?? I would love to think so, except for some reason Iraq and freedom are currently unrelated. He might die thanks to Bush's blunder...not freedom. If the plan was to capture Bin Laden, and do away with Al Queda then I would accept it...however last I checked Bin Laden was never in Iraq and Al-Queda came to Iraq after Saddam fell. So with this going on, the last thing I ever want to hear is a right-wing Republican telling me how aweful Obama is. Yet it is this same Republican party that is sending these soldiers into harm's way for what???

This is such a week argument. So the military is the only way for anybody down on their luck and possessing no skill sets to make a better life for themselves? Give me a break.

Your cousin wanted to make a better life for himself AND had a desire to serve his country. Otherwise he could have gone to work for Walmart, worked 50 hours a week and made more money than your average E-1, 2, or 3. He has probably had at least one opportunity to get out in the past 5 years. If he hasn't gotten out, then he is aware that he can get called to go to Iraq and potentially be killed. If that is a chance he is willing to take, then shut your yapper and let him take it without turning it into an argument about the reasons why are in this war. I am not saying he shouldn't be scared about losing his life. But apparently he is not scared enough otherwise he would have gotten out. Also, if doesn't believe in what he is fighting for then he should also consider getting out. Looks like he hasn't. He's a big boy and has made his choice, stop using him to carry a torch for your cause. He's a hero and we all should thank him.

Last edited:
how many very responsible pilots do you know had their pensions stolen by the same guy you elected? The ATSB was cabinet appointed. The NMB is a cabinet position- appointed directly by W.

The same judges that will try and screw UAL pilots again --- were appointed by republicans that conservative pilots helped to elect.

--------------------------------------
On the other note-- I don't disrespect ANG flying at all. I disrespect that noone knows where mr. bush was while he was SUPPOSED to be serving. A cocaine high somewhere ....

No reason we can't have both.

As long as it stays "a little" regulation. But the government can never stop at a little. I think people need to take responsibility for their actions and not pass the buck.

As long as it stays "a little" regulation. But the government can never stop at a little. I think people need to take responsibility for their actions and not pass the buck.

That's a nice utopian view of things, but it doesn't work in the real world. Like it or not, sometimes a little government involvement is necessary.

Latest resources

Back